SiteLock
KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum! - View Single Post - Eagle Mike's and Sams 762 Stroker kit!
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 01:21 PM   #27
Eaglemike
LEVEL 3 STAFF

Super Cool Since: May 2005
Locale: San Diego
Postings: 9,474
Eaglemike has much to be proud ofEaglemike has much to be proud ofEaglemike has much to be proud ofEaglemike has much to be proud ofEaglemike has much to be proud ofEaglemike has much to be proud ofEaglemike has much to be proud ofEaglemike has much to be proud of
Default Re: Eagle Mike's and Sams 762 Stroker kit!

Easiest to build using a 1996/later engine. Earlier engines ok, but clutch and output shaft not as friendly, output shaft no longer available.

Any year engine CAN be used.

Stock gearing will work fine, but it will feel like it's geared pretty short. We've tested all the way up to 17/34. It has enough power to pull it, but a little tall around town. Awesome on the freeway. Current gearing is 14/34, fun and fine. Very freeway friendly, and works around town. Even with 17/34 wheelies are pretty easy. This is with stock camshafts. We have custom camshafts were will be testing soon.

We are still refining what it's going to cost. Most would be labor. My guesstimeate this minute would be around $2500, including carb and the engine work. Might be able to get it lower, but we'll see......

Top speed is limited by wobble right now. With the stock body work it gets squirrely about 125 indicated.......... Still accelerating fairly well at that speed. We are running fat tires, going to go back to stock on the next one to reduce drag and see what that does.

Cary Aspy -the real klr650 guru. RIP my brother, I miss you.

Don't try to be a great man, just be a man, and let history make it's own decision

Be your own KLR650 GURU!
Eaglemike is offline   Reply With Quote