SiteLock
KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum! - View Single Post - Fuel Cap Vent and Lock Cylinder
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 11:44 PM   #83
jeffsaline

Super Cool Since: Apr 2008
Locale: Rapid City, South Dakota
Postings: 9,346
jeffsaline is a jewel in the roughjeffsaline is a jewel in the roughjeffsaline is a jewel in the roughjeffsaline is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Fuel Cap Vent and Lock Cylinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adambomb946 View Post
Thanks for the idea Jeff. I ended up carefully cutting a peice of old inner tube to match the gasket as closely as I could. Put everything back together with the "new" gasket installed and everything seems to be working fine. One question, how much resistance is there suppose to be when blowing into the nipple? Should it be easy like blowing through a straw or like blowing through a straw thats slightly clogged?
My experience with inner tube material in today's fuels is it won't last. I've had reports of only two weeks. Hope you have better luck than I forecast. I've even had issues with Buna-N Nitrile in contact with fuel. It tends to sometimes swell and degrade.

I don't know about resistance and blowing into the nipple. I just make sure the passages are clear and the valves function.

Best,

Jeff

Do Not Steal, Do Not Lie, Do Not Be Lazy

"Just because something isn't true, no reason you can't believe it." Hub McCann in Secondhand Lions

"If you don't have a time table you can't be late. When you don't have a destination you can't get lost." Colin Stafford-Johnson, Ireland's Wild Coast
jeffsaline is offline   Reply With Quote