SiteLock
Is anybody still out there ? - KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - Original KLR650 Forum!
KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - Original KLR650 Forum!
Go Back   KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - Original KLR650 Forum! > Regional Events, Upcoming Rides & Tech Days > Canada
> Saskatchewan
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Hello, welcome back.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:34 PM   #1
corney

Super Cool Since: Apr 2008
Locale: saskatchewan
Postings: 452
corney is on a distinguished road
Default Is anybody still out there ?

I haven't seen much from Sask on this forum lately. Any of you guys around?

It would be great to discuss the KLR with riders around here.

Let me know

2008 klr chick magnet red
farkles: gps with mount, HT skid plate, engine guard, nerf bars and kawi tank bag. The three recalls-muffler bolts,wiring harness and new signal lights. Also did the doo! Also added is SW racks, pelicans, IMS foot pegs, Rox anti vibe risers, Motech 12 v, Polisport fender and EM fork brace.
corney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 08:40 AM   #2
just a guy
A Regular

Super Cool Since: Jun 2008
Locale: Spoonbooty,Canada
Postings: 113
just a guy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is anybody still out there ?

I'm near Macklin. what do you want to talk about?
just a guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-02-2008, 07:18 PM   #3
RidgeRider

Locale: Powell River, BC
Postings: 17
RidgeRider is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by corney View Post
I haven't seen much from Sask on this forum lately. Any of you guys around?

It would be great to discuss the KLR with riders around here.

Let me know
Hello, Corney. I guess I can't ride with you guys in Sask as I live in BC but I did come from Melfort some time ago, so just a note to say hello and if you ever get up Melfort way some pictures would be very well received on this side of the Rockies.

How's your doo? Did mine last July and the spring too. Put an IMS shifter on as the Kawi one had a bad weld and also I couldn't get my boot between the stocker and the foot peg. Whilst I was at it I put Suzuki DR650SE footpegs on too. They feel a lot more secure than the stock Kawi pegs with the slippery rubber and now with the IMS shifter and the DR pegs my boots work really well.
I just got finished installing an SW Motech Alu-rack and the adapter plate for a GIVI box as well as a GIVI Traffic 35 box all from Twisted Throttle. Here is the link if you want it https://www.twistedthrottle.com/index.php Put a Silverstar H4 bulb in also. It gives a lot of light for the same wattage as stock. Now to put better tires on maybe TKC80.... the list can go on forever. Have fun farkling.

2006 DL650 Blue
2006 KLR650 Green
2009 VZ1500 Blue
RidgeRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 10:48 PM   #4
Flatlandflyfisher
Occasional Poster

Super Cool Since: Sep 2008
Locale: Saskatoon
Postings: 5
Flatlandflyfisher is on a distinguished road

I am a new KLR owner, but I'm not riding it yet. I just bought my KLR last weekend in BC, but I have not gotten it back to Saskatoon yet (it's parked with a relative in Alberta; the logistics are not ideal).

It's a 1997, about 15,000 km, and a bit beat up (dropped a few times). But what's a winter for? I wish that my garage was heated.

Currently I am driving a 1981 Honda Twinstar (200 cc). This has been a great learner bike. This was my second year riding, and I've outgrown this tiny bike. The twinstar SUCKS on gravel, and it's pretty hard to ride anywhere interesting around Saskatoon without driving on gravel. I've done a few long trips on it (S'toon to Riverhurst and back) and they've been murder on the small bike. It's a great city bike - very manoverable and peppy.

So, I'll be very interested in finding neat placed to ride, once I get it fixed up early next summer.

Stephen
Flatlandflyfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:12 AM   #5
corney

Ridgerider I almost made it to Melfort last summer. I rode up through Fish Creek battle sites up to Batoche. I'm a bit of a history buff and it was cool having a KLR to ride in the back roads and check every thing out.

Flatlandflyfisher I rode around Diefenbaker Lake twice last summer and your right you don't see much staying on the gravel. The KLR is a gravel eating machine. I was just down in that area Elk hunting and checked out endless trails that I plan on exploring next spring.

I plan on doing my doo this winter and have a heated shop and would be interested in getting together as a group to take this on. I just bought a great bike trailer that can haul 3 motorcycles as riding these things is going to be difficult shortly.

If your name is any indication of your other interests I too am a fly tyer and fisherman and would love to ride into some of the creeks we have in Sask.

Its nice to hear from others in Sask or from here.

Thanks

farkles: gps with mount, HT skid plate, engine guard, nerf bars and kawi tank bag. The three recalls-muffler bolts,wiring harness and new signal lights. Also did the doo! Also added is SW racks, pelicans, IMS foot pegs, Rox anti vibe risers, Motech 12 v, Polisport fender and EM fork brace.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:25 PM   #6
gofher
Occasional Poster

Super Cool Since: Dec 2011
Postings: 4
gofher is on a distinguished road

hi: i just bot a 2006 klr . i read up on them and found one for a good price so i bot it . if i don't like it i can sell it and have my money back . i'm an old beemer rider,their good bikes .but i think that with this bike and good synthetic maintenance it will give 10 yrs service..i'll be 70 by then,ha,ha,ha.maybe to blind to see. but in the mean time i hope to have a good ride. like to put the junk on it that i read about. it's got this doo hicky thing and some more. i will put that thermo bob it it if it's not on already. maybe we can ride a bit this summer. i live up at love ...by white fox nipawin way. like to ride up the hanson lake to flin flon, have relitives up their with big fishing boat. contact me at mrcbignickel@yahoo.com meryl
gofher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:50 AM   #7
corney

Hi Gofher! Love area has some great riding. I have been up to Lower Fishing area and have riden up the Esker and all around that area. We have quite a few dual sport riders in Saskatchewan that we keep in touch with through a club we have going on, Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club. One guy snobear is up in that area and rides a Beemer. The boys were up riding and camping in that area last spring. Search us on the net.

Old 12-13-2011, 06:50 PM   #8
gofher
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Hi Gofher! Love area has some great riding. I have been up to Lower Fishing area and have riden up the Esker and all around that area. We have quite a few dual sport riders in Saskatchewan that we keep in touch with through a club we have going on, Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club. One guy snobear is up in that area and rides a Beemer. The boys were up riding and camping in that area last spring. Search us on the net.
hi corney: i havn't been home much this year. i'm working at lanigan. i don't recall seeing a beemer up their. i had a beemer for many years. i have a quad and always wanted to go up to the esker. just to dang busy.i have a friend who lives up that way, country trail vacations-marvin, he has a cabin he rents out. i have never riden my bike yet...never saw it. i bot it and the fellow left it at my neices in calgary so i'm going down soon to get it and take it home. i see that most people say to check the oil in it often.....?.... do they burn oil? my email is mrcbignickel at yahoo.com ,i want to put amsoil synthetic in mine. i am short so will want those progresive springs and lowwering kit also. this seems like a good forum place to get help. take care and happy holidays. gofher
Old 12-14-2011, 05:39 AM   #9
corney

Must be at the mine in Lanigan? Pretty busy in that area right now! We have been working in that area quite a bit lately. I have been out at Watrous a couple times a week for a month or so.

I didn't have much oil use until a trip to the Kootenies this year. It was hot and we rode loaded and hard. Used about a litre in 4000km. I have been burning synthetic for about 15,000km and have about 20000 km on my bike.

This is a good site to find out information. I have really enjoyrd my KLR and hope to continue the adventures. Might try to 685 kit it up and ride the hell out of it for a few more years. Either that or carry some oil!

Old 12-14-2011, 07:42 PM   #10
gofher
Occasional Poster

Default Re: Is anybody still out there ,yup!

Quote:
Must be at the mine in Lanigan? Pretty busy in that area right now! We have been working in that area quite a bit lately. I have been out at Watrous a couple times a week for a month or so.

I didn't have much oil use until a trip to the Kootenies this year. It was hot and we rode loaded and hard. Used about a litre in 4000km. I have been burning synthetic for about 15,000km and have about 20000 km on my bike.

This is a good site to find out information. I have really enjoyrd my KLR and hope to continue the adventures. Might try to 685 kit it up and ride the hell out of it for a few more years. Either that or carry some oil!
hi corney; yes i'm at the bhp mine. i stay in camp right in town,well stay for time to eat sleep and shower, were working 12's plus the bus ride to and from. hey..what kind of fuel milage should i expect. i had a suzuki savage 650 single a few years back , it was a cool little bike but 2 hours in the saddle was about it. it had vibes and was sweet below 55mph,after that it seemed to not like being pushed. it got about 50mpg. i liked the belt drive. does your bike have the thermo bob? mine has the doo hiky i was told.i'll put a thermo in it if it's not their already.their are new anti vibe bars on it. im 5'5 so i think the wind screen should be good.did you put any mods on yours? and can you get them in s'toon? . cyl ...gofher
Sponsored links
Old 12-28-2011, 09:29 PM   #11
John0270
KLR Enthusiast

Super Cool Since: Jul 2007
Locale: Sask, Canada
Postings: 1,752
John0270 is on a distinguished road

I am still here.....