SiteLock
Harvest Classic Rally (Luckenbach KLR Society) - KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - Original KLR650 Forum!
KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - Original KLR650 Forum!
Go Back   KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - Original KLR650 Forum! > Regional Events, Upcoming Rides & Tech Days > United States
> Texas Forums > Texas Panhandle
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Hello, welcome back.

Old 09-13-2010, 07:24 PM   #1
awgates1
Occasional Poster

Super Cool Since: May 2010
Locale: Austin, Texas
Postings: 7
awgates1 is on a distinguished road
Default Harvest Classic Rally (Luckenbach KLR Society)

For any & all Texas KLR owners: Check out www.harvestclassic.org !! The Harvest Classic Vintage Motorcycle Rally is hosted each year in Luckenbach in late October - it's a weekend long camp out, vintage bike show, trials competetion & general scooter trash assembly that benefits childhood cancer. A great time for a great cause. The price of admission gets you permission to camp for the weekend (Fri and Sat nights), admission to the trials events and the vintage bike show on Saturday, and a great BBQ dinner Saturday night. And all the motorcycle rider companionship you can stand - often until the wee hours of the morning... Think of it as a "live" forum - remember when we used to do stuff face-to-face? What a deal. An impromptu KLR group happened in 2008, that has come to be known as the Luckenbach KLR Society. in 2008 there were 6 KLR riders; in 2009, there were 10 of us. As the lives closest to the rally KLR owner, I've taken it upon myself to trailer my bike out, along with plush camp gear for all the KLR riders (camp chairs, firewood, coleman stove / full kitchen set up, grande coolers & mucho ice for groceries & drinks. We are the best fed lot out there. The only requirement for membership is possesion of a KLR at the time of the rally - show up on a KLR & we'll see to it you have a chair, somewhere to prepare your grub, if not a full fare provided by the generosity of others, and secure accommodations within the KLR compound. Feel free to contact me at ps_builder@hotmail.com with any questions, comments, etc. Ride over & join us - it's growing every year - be a pioneer member of the Lockenbach KLR Society!
awgates1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:45 AM   #2
McRuss
A Regular

Super Cool Since: Jun 2011
Locale: Lakehills, Texas
Postings: 73
McRuss is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Harvest Classic Rally (Luckenbach KLR Society)

Is the LKLRS still going? I'm very close, Lakehills, but always gone that weekend to Ruidoso (one week a year when wife and I vacation together at our townhouse in Ruidoso.) I did go to the Harvest Classic one year before we got our place in NM and it is a great event for a great cause (see also www.ride4kids.org for another great MC event for kids with cancer.) There are lots of KLR riders in the Bandera/Boerne area but getting them together for a tech day or a ride is tough what with folks work schedules.
McRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Tags
classic, harvest, klr, luckenbach, rally, society