SiteLock
Anybody having trouble with their Zumo ? - KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
Go Back   KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum! > Off The Beaten Path > GPS: Equipment, Tracks and Places
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
GPS: Equipment, Tracks and Places Find the right GPS for you!

Old 04-20-2013, 01:01 PM   #1
Rusty Bridges
A Regular

Super Cool Since: Nov 2011
Locale: Heart of Dixie
Postings: 223
Rusty Bridges is on a distinguished road
Default Anybody having trouble with their Zumo ?

Just got a new Zumo350, and in less than 48 hours it has frozen and will not respond to any command, and will not turn off. Never got a chance to install the wiring harness on the bike.

This was to be as second chance for Garmin with me. They really dropped the ball with me a few years back with that POS 2610 Streetpilot. The first one crapped out and the referb I had to pay $200 for didn't last a year. They quit responding to my e-mails and left me hanging. Why whywhy did I buy another Garmin with a touch screen?

Anyone else having these problems, or is it just me?

Rusty

Last edited by Rusty Bridges; 04-20-2013 at 01:04 PM.
Rusty Bridges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:33 PM   #2
waterlooklr
KLR Enthusiast

Super Cool Since: Jul 2004
Locale: Waterloo, Il
Postings: 921
waterlooklr is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anybody having trouble with their Zumo ?

Try this.........hard re-set. Don't know if it will help.

https://support.garmin.com/support/searchSupport/case.faces?caseId={981611c0-aa7d-11dd-f60b-000000000000}
waterlooklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-20-2013, 10:02 PM   #3
Rusty Bridges
A Regular

Super Cool Since: Nov 2011
Locale: Heart of Dixie
Postings: 223
Rusty Bridges is on a distinguished road

Thanks, the forum that link took me to didn't give me much hope though. I didn't know people were having such problems with these units.

I couldn't do ANYTHING with the unit, not even shut down. When the battery ran down I was able to reconnect it to the power and it started up normally then the display went dim I fooled with it for a while and it seems to be functioning as it should once again. This does not give me much hope when I start having problems right out of the box ... AND I haven't received a reply from Garmin's customer service yet. Deja vu !

Rusty
Rusty Bridges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 07:32 PM   #4
E-Dragon
A Regular

Super Cool Since: Jun 2014
Locale: Wyandotte, Michigan
Postings: 230
E-Dragon is on a distinguished road

Had issues with my Zumo 590 not wanting to start back up after I shut the bike off, first time I unplugged the battery and all went well for a while after that... Then; same thing, no start up, this time I just held the power button ( for what seemed like a week or two )
And after a few it started back up. I'm pretty sure it's a software issue, hopefully they'll fix it in future updates. BTW mine is attached to the bike via a Touratech locking cradle, but it uses the stock mounting plate... LOVE the locking cradle
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (110.7 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by E-Dragon; 06-20-2014 at 07:33 PM.
E-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:33 PM   #5
ahhdem
Occasional Poster

Locale: Bay Area
Postings: 6
ahhdem is on a distinguished road

ooh I'm gonna need that cradle.. too bad I -literally- just installed the cradle that comes with is this past weekend and of course, the worse aren't removable = UNDO && REDO. joy!

How are you liking the 590? have you been using bluetooth headset, etc? I've got mine paired with my phone and a scala rider g9x, which is great, but I feel it would be greater if the Zumo and the g9x worked together, particularly with the Voice commands.

The more I think of it, the more I wish the zumo was Android based, imagine the world of gps apportunities that would open up!
Old 06-24-2014, 10:59 PM   #6
E-Dragon
A Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahhdem View Post
ooh I'm gonna need that cradle.. too bad I -literally- just installed the cradle that comes with is this past weekend and of course, the worse aren't removable = UNDO && REDO. joy!

How are you liking the 590? have you been using bluetooth headset, etc? I've got mine paired with my phone and a scala rider g9x, which is great, but I feel it would be greater if the Zumo and the g9x worked together, particularly with the Voice commands.

The more I think of it, the more I wish the zumo was Android based, imagine the world of gps apportunities that would open up!
Love it, haven't got around to bluetoothing my helmet yet.. Lol haven't even paired it with my phone.. But then, I use my cell phone (as a phone) around 15min a month. As for the cradle WELL WORTH THE $$$$!! Also I might add, the cradle adds a couple of power points including a USB power point...

Last edited by E-Dragon; 06-24-2014 at 11:02 PM.
E-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 10:14 PM   #7
E-Dragon
A Regular

Update:
I've since paired it (the 590) with my phone and iPad and so far all is well.. Also paired it with my Senia com. And it works good, all tho, I did have an..... Issue(?) with the Senia - one trip had close to a hundred mile stretch with no turns and on that trip I wasn't listening to any music. So all was quiet (so to speak, two bros can is not really "quiet") for a while, when, all of a sudden this female voice comes out and says " left turn up ahead! " I frickin jumped!
Note to self: listen to music or keep the Senia volume turned down....

Tags
trouble, zumo