SiteLock
New klr250 owner - KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
Go Back   KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum! > Other Kawasaki Motorcycles > KLR250 and Super Sherpa Main Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
KLR250 and Super Sherpa Main Discussion

Old 11-24-2016, 11:08 AM   #1
Klrdude250
Occasional Poster

Super Cool Since: Nov 2016
Locale: Usa
Postings: 3
Klrdude250 is on a distinguished road
Default New klr250 owner

Hey so I bought a klr 250 it's in decent shape, it runs ok but stalls when warm, I will be taking the carb out and cleaning it, new fluids and filters , plug. And eventually I will be attempting to check and adjust valves. I only done backyard riding on mini bikes and have ridden a klr around a yard years ago and have always wanted one. I want opinions and suggestions on mods to do eventually. Rejetting, airborne, full exhaust so throw em at me please I would appreciate it, I'll post pics when I have a chance. First mod to do is fuel filter
Klrdude250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 04:38 AM   #2
No prescription needed

Locale: SouthWest Florida
Postings: 12
No prescription needed is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New klr250 owner

Welcome . The petcock has a screen on it for filtration . What I've read and found out the 250 Mohave share the same engine . I installed a set of Mohave grind cams made by Web cams . higher compression , bigger exhaust , open the air box lid , jetted the carb . I just finished installing a KLR 650 front suspension on it . I' looking forward to see the fruits of my efforts .
Web cam #236 HARDWELD grind /Valve Spring Kit With CrMo Retainers/Wiseco Piston/ SX1 STROKER exhaust system header & muffler/KLR650 front suspension and brakes
No prescription needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-26-2016, 12:08 PM   #3
Klrdude250
Occasional Poster

Locale: Usa
Postings: 3
Klrdude250 is on a distinguished road

That's sounds like a really great project, can you post pics of the stroker exhaust, I want a big gun evo header but they are so expensive thanks for the reply man
Klrdude250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 03:50 AM   #4
HeO2

Super Cool Since: Oct 2016
Locale: greece
Postings: 18
HeO2 is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the club.! I just finished rebuilding my engine with the CWR 280 big bore piston, stage 3 ported and polished head, race inlet and exhaust valves with springs, straight through race exhaust back box, airbox mod and carb rejet, waiting to get the money together to get the high lift cams but the power improvement so far is great.
Front suspension was fully rebuilt and now has the Hagon full length progressive springs and the rear shock was custom made by Hagon for my weight and height. Now rides like it should.
When you clean your carb make sure you clean it really well and don't forget to make sure the pilot air jet and main air jet holes at the front of the carb are not blocked, the main air jet is like .5mm so you need a very fine wire to get in there. Sounds like your pilot mixture jet needs adjustment if its stalling hot, check your spark plug to see what colour the insulator is. Good luck.
HeO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 07:51 AM   #5
No prescription needed

Locale: SouthWest Florida
Postings: 12
No prescription needed is on a distinguished road

I'd be glad to post pictures as soon as I figure out how to . I had to heat the header up to and bend it to make it fit it was made for KLX250 I thought it would bolt up . But I had to bend it in two different areas . One spot at the cylinder head and also just above the clutch cable area . I used a torch and heated it up cherry red and applied light pressure . I got lucky and didn't collapse the pipe . What a difference in the internal pipe diameter .
Web cam #236 HARDWELD grind /Valve Spring Kit With CrMo Retainers/Wiseco Piston/ SX1 STROKER exhaust system header & muffler/KLR650 front suspension and brakes
No prescription needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 06:43 AM   #6
HeO2

Super Cool Since: Oct 2016
Locale: greece
Postings: 18
HeO2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by No prescription needed View Post
I'd be glad to post pictures as soon as I figure out how to .
i'm having the same problem!
HeO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Tags
klr250, owner