SiteLock
missing info? - KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
Go Back   KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum! > Other Kawasaki Motorcycles > KLR250 and Super Sherpa Main Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
KLR250 and Super Sherpa Main Discussion

Old 12-19-2016, 07:38 AM   #1
kwak-kwak oops

Super Cool Since: Jul 2013
Locale: at home
Postings: 13
kwak-kwak oops is on a distinguished road
Default missing info?

Hello all and a merry Christmas to everyone, as per usual I am a wee bit confused. I'm trying to find parts for my KLR250 so referred to the V5 for the VIN in order to get the right bits. It's a 1995 reg. so it should have 17 digits apparently but I only counted 12 (13 if you include the hyphen). Can anyone enlighten me please?
kwak-kwak oops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 02:58 AM   #2
No prescription needed

Super Cool Since: Nov 2016
Locale: SouthWest Florida
Postings: 12
No prescription needed is on a distinguished road
Default Re: missing info?

I use partszilla for most of my factory parts . They will tell you what years and models the parts fit . Most of the KLR parts are the same through out the production years . If it's a expensive part I'll use their site and cross reference the parts numbers and buy used . The used complete wiring harness front to rear all three harness with two relays and the diode shipped for under $ 60 smoking deal .
Web cam #236 HARDWELD grind /Valve Spring Kit With CrMo Retainers/Wiseco Piston/ SX1 STROKER exhaust system header & muffler/KLR650 front suspension and brakes
No prescription needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-06-2017, 08:35 PM   #3
kidflyr

Super Cool Since: Mar 2012
Locale: Ukiah, California
Postings: 418
kidflyr is on a distinguished road
Default Re: missing info?

I second the parts search on partszilla, but I had a rough run with their order fulfillment, 6 of 12 parts I've ordered bore no resemblance in form or part number to what I ordered/was invoiced for, and it wasn't worth it to me to ship back to them to maybe get the parts, so I moved to ordering from old bike barn, RockymountainATVMC, and one or two others for Kawasaki parts. Mike at Eureka Motorsports Center (Eureka, CA) was tremendously helpful to me when I lived in the area. If you have the opportunity to build a relationship with a local Kawasaki dealer, I highly recommend it.

Support this awesome resource! Go Premium!

1993 KLR250 * Titanium tibia * Kenda K761 tires * Airbox de-snorkled & opened up * PCV valve * UNI bulk foam filter * Modified exhaust port * 38pilot/135main * Capacitors in parallel with battery * LEDs all around * Jeffsaline's headlight relay * 16 tooth countershaft sprocket/40 tooth rear * WOLO "Bad Boy" horn
kidflyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Tags
info, missing