SiteLock
KLR Cache - You Find It First, You Keep It - Page 2 - KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
Go Back   KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum! > KLR650 Discussion Forums > KLR650 First Generation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
KLR650 First Generation 1987-2007 Related Topics

Old 07-10-2010, 02:53 PM   #21
KLRfoto
A Regular

Super Cool Since: Apr 2009
Locale: Central Valley, CA
Postings: 241
KLRfoto is on a distinguished road
Default Re: KLR Cache - You Find It First, You Keep It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Ills View Post
Someone got themselves a Zombie sticker? Talk about a SCORE! Sweeeeet.
Yea - well I'm out of those now. So if I do another, someone might get an Avery address label with the words "KLR Zombie" written in red pen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Diesel View Post
I just remembered some ting on the rules from a friend on this things. ( no coffee yet) You take some thing and then you leave some thing so the spot never die's....JD
You're right, this is often how geocaching works. Many even have small log books to leave your name / date for everyone to look back on. (along with the taking and leaving of trinkets).

I would have needed to find a much more "remote" or "untravelled" spot to make it a permanent geocache. While people participating in a cache play by the rules - people who just stumble upon a cache - usually take it or trash it. And this one was nearly taped to the front of the sign it was so easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHESS81 View Post
I like the idea of the finder leaving something. But, not the same area. Put it in a new place, and leave clues. So that it is always changing.

Almost like that photo tag thing over on ADV. You take a picture of your bike in front of something/landmark, and then another rider has to find where it was, take a picture of their bike there, then take a picture of their bike at another place.
I think it could be good either way:

1) single spot, swap junk, sign book, go on merry way

or

2) find item, move to new spot, place new or same item, figure out directions and hints, go on merry way, post it to the thread later

My only concern with version 2 is not everyone can write directions or hints that other people can figure out. You should hear my girlfriend try to give directions to the grocery store - or the end of the street for that matter.

So I take a different route or different bike on my daily rides.

2007 Black KLR 650, lightly farkled (so far)

A Few Trip Reports
To Vegas Via Death Valley report * One Day Dual Sport Trip to Cherry Lake * My First KLR Off-road Ride * July 4th in the Sierras
KLRfoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 04:21 PM   #22
bike-nut
A Regular

Super Cool Since: Mar 2007
Locale: Jasper, Alberta, Canada
Postings: 32
bike-nut is on a distinguished road

I've been gecocaching for a number of years via the klr..this August we will be taking the forestry trunk road [hwy 40] all the way from Nordegg thru the Logan Pass to Kalispell and back up thru the interior ob B.C. Have 100+ caches loaded in the gps ready to be found.
bike-nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-11-2010, 05:34 PM   #23
cdoe
KLR Enthusiast

Super Cool Since: Aug 2007
Locale: Roseland, Louisiana
Postings: 1,125
cdoe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bike-nut View Post
I've been gecocaching for a number of years via the klr..this August we will be taking the forestry trunk road [hwy 40] all the way from Nordegg thru the Logan Pass to Kalispell and back up thru the interior ob B.C. Have 100+ caches loaded in the gps ready to be found.

You not a squirrel with a KLR are you?
cdoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 04:13 PM   #24
klr/dale
KLR Enthusiast

Super Cool Since: Oct 2006
Locale: near Yosemite
Postings: 974
klr/dale is on a distinguished road

that intersection in the pics is very close to my house.maybe 15mins. away.
klr/dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Tags
cache, find, klr