SiteLock
New member, has doohickey tools - KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
Go Back   KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum! > Regional Events, Upcoming Rides & Tech Days > Canada
> Newfoundland
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2013, 11:51 AM   #1
detour
Occasional Poster

Super Cool Since: Jun 2011
Locale: Newfoundland
Postings: 4
detour is on a distinguished road
Default New member, has doohickey tools

Hi All,

I've been hanging around here for some time now and finally realized I might have something to offer: I've got doohickey tools if anyone is looking. I'm in Torbay but I tend to "get around". I did my doo and do most of my own wrenching and will happily offer whatever assistance and encouragement I can (while I help drink your beer )

I've got a 2002 c8 model that I bought last year while visiting Ottawa and rode home on (port aux basques ferry, argentia is for Nan and tourists). I split my riding time between the klr and a harley roadglide and tend to take the road less traveled whenever reasonable. I'm not a very experienced dirt rider but I'm enjoying exploring the side roads and trails that I find. I'm also thinking of having a try at bike camping this year, if summer ever arrives.

Detour
detour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 07:11 AM   #2
Lawson911
Occasional Poster

Super Cool Since: Aug 2015
Postings: 1
Lawson911 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New member, has doohickey tools

Are you still riding the KLR?. I just bought a 2014 yesterday, pick it up on Friday, and the doohicky is on my list to do. I live up in Lab City, so if you are ever planning a trip up here I can host you. Cheers
Lawson911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-31-2016, 12:07 PM   #3
detour
Occasional Poster

Super Cool Since: Jun 2011
Postings: 4
detour is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New member, has doohickey tools

omg! Somebody replied sorry it's taken me ages to catch up on this, I was beginning to think I was the only rider in our part of the world on this forum. Yes, I've still got my Klr, it's become my favourite toy and probably put twice the klicks on it than my other bike. My cousin has a '08 that's more like your '14 and its not hard to see the improvements Kawasaki has made over the years. I helped him do the doo on his bike and, while I'd probably do it on any klr for the peace of mind value, the factory doohickey on his '08 was much more robust looking than the crappy looking one I pulled from my '02. Mine was broken w/ 11000km on it, his was still ok with 20k+. Regardless, eagle mikes version is still tops.

Labrador is on my wish list for sure, always wanted to do the loop; ferry into Blanc sablon, ride the Tlh, see the dams in Quebec and return via nb / ns. Might be sooner than you think. I'll drop you a pm. Happy trails
detour is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Tags
doohickey, member, tools