SiteLock
2015 650 Versey - KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
Go Back   KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum! > Other Kawasaki Motorcycles > Versys Discussion Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Versys Discussion Forum

Old 01-22-2015, 08:01 AM   #1
JWnWyoming

Super Cool Since: May 2007
Locale: Casper, Wyoming
Postings: 467
JWnWyoming is on a distinguished road
Default 2015 650 Versey

I've been reading about the redux 2015 650 Verseys. Sounds like a better bike but I have had no "eyes on" as our local dealer doesn't have one. If any of you have the opportunity to sit/ride/fondle one, please feel free to comment here. Thanks.
JWnWyoming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 07:45 PM   #2
Birdy
KLR Enthusiast

Super Cool Since: Jun 2009
Locale: Springfield, Oh
Postings: 1,800
Birdy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 2015 650 Versey

I saw one today sitting next to a 2014. It looked a bit more "Polished" in finish but the look is either a love or hate just like the 1st and 2nd gens are. I didn't sit on it, the bikes were packed in and I didn't want to Domino the whole shop! BUT the seat did look a bit better contoured to me and I like the new windshield in that to adjust it all you need to do and turn a couple of knobs and pull it up or push in down and tighten them back up. Not sure about the gage layout but the power socket placement is much better being on the "Dash" and not buried under the fairing like my 2012, you still have to buy it extra. Weight's up about 36 pounds likely due to the beefed up subframe and suspension along with the larger fairing. I'd buy one, in white the green doesn't do it for me, BUT my 2012 is just about built up to where I want it and I'm not starting that again yet!

I think between the KLR and the Versys I have all the "Working" bikes I need . The KLR will haul almost anything almost anywhere, just slowly. The Versys will boogie down the back roads all day at 80+ with a fair load IF you're one up. If you want to have a passenger look at the 1000 Versys. I got to ride one and that thing will MOVE! The only reason I'd go up is the 1000 Versys is a larger bike and like a battle axeis all about power and the 650 is more of a cut & thrust like a rapier. Great fun on the back roads.

Old 03-11-2015, 11:53 PM   #3
JWnWyoming

Super Cool Since: May 2007
Locale: Casper, Wyoming
Postings: 467
JWnWyoming is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 2015 650 Versey

I see that rider magazine has an article on it. Hope to scope it out soon.
JWnWyoming is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Tags
2015, 650, versey