SiteLock
Versys on gravel roads? - Page 3 - KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
Go Back   KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum! > Other Kawasaki Motorcycles > Versys Discussion Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Versys Discussion Forum

Old 11-26-2015, 06:40 PM   #41
Birdy
KLR Enthusiast

Super Cool Since: Jun 2009
Locale: Springfield, Oh
Postings: 1,800
Birdy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Versys on gravel roads?

I got a chance to ride a Versys (or Ninja not to sure on that) powered KLR. It was faster and smoother BUT lacked the Chug Chug Chug low end of the KLR motor. Now out west or on more open trails it wouldn't be a problem at all but on the little single track we were on I had to ride the clutch and feather the throttle like mad to keep the bike moving and not stall it. I was glad to swap buck to "The Fat Little Pig"
Old 11-27-2015, 12:28 PM   #42
DPelletier
LEVEL 3 STAFF

Super Cool Since: Aug 2010
Locale: Kelowna B.C.
Postings: 6,594
DPelletier will become famous soon enoughDPelletier will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Versys on gravel roads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
I got a chance to ride a Versys (or Ninja not to sure on that) powered KLR. It was faster and smoother BUT lacked the Chug Chug Chug low end of the KLR motor. Now out west or on more open trails it wouldn't be a problem at all but on the little single track we were on I had to ride the clutch and feather the throttle like mad to keep the bike moving and not stall it. I was glad to swap buck to "The Fat Little Pig"
I tend to agree and while my KLR's 37hp is hardly earth shattering it is enough most of the time (again, my riding is offroad biased); I personally wouldn't trade off 7lbs additional weight, reduced ground clearance and increased reliance on electronics for the added power....but I can see why some would.

Dave

twins; 2000 & 2001 KLR's: Cogent suspension, 320mm rotor+SV calipers, IMS tanks+ tankvest, Knight designs pegs, Anti-gravity batteries, Renthal bars, MT21 and D606 tires, FMF Q4 and LeoVince X3, ...and most everything that Eaglemike makes! :-)
DPelletier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Tags
gravel, roads, versys