SiteLock
heidenau k60's - KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
Go Back   KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum! > Regional Events, Upcoming Rides & Tech Days > Canada
> Alberta
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2012, 11:40 PM   #1
taskmaster1
Occasional Poster

Super Cool Since: Jul 2012
Locale: alberta
Postings: 5
taskmaster1 is on a distinguished road
Question heidenau k60's

putting new K60 on the rear, but stock front tire still in good shape... is this combo okay or do u suggest to change up the front, if so to what?
taskmaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:43 PM   #2
NaeKid
KLR Enthusiast

Super Cool Since: Oct 2010
Locale: Calgary, AB
Postings: 913
NaeKid is on a distinguished road
Default Re: heidenau k60's

I change my tires when required. So far I am almost double the KM's on my front Shinko E700 as to my rear Shinko E700. I am hoping to get two years of riding out of my front and one season out of my rear tire.

My next set of tires I am considering the Avon Gripsters, so, I would replace both at the same time.

Shiny Red 2005 KLR with lots of goodies
Olive Green 1995 KLR with lots of paint
NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-27-2012, 12:09 AM   #3
taskmaster1
Occasional Poster

Super Cool Since: Jul 2012
Locale: alberta
Postings: 5
taskmaster1 is on a distinguished road

the heidenau gets great reviews, this is my first new rear tire for the klr so hoping to find out there will be some improvement in traction. planning to run the stock on the front until its worn out, i assume that my next tire swap will be both front and back. only got little over 4000kms on factory tire...
taskmaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:57 PM   #4
klr650stu
On Vacation! :)
A Regular

Super Cool Since: Jun 2009
Locale: Port Elgin, Ontario, CANADA
Postings: 177
klr650stu is on a distinguished road

exactly when my stock rear was toast! Very Bald. I ran my front for another 5k with a K270 kenda rear. But with a knobby back tire you would never tell if your front sucked or not. My front tire ended service with low tread and you could easily see it cupped and lifted all funny like a car tire with a real bad alignment. You know how if you run your hand on a tire you can feel it worn weird.

For the $ I'd run K60's as a pair. I think they are better than the stock front and rear any day. I'm running the K60TT M+S and think they are great. Had Mt60 Scorpions before. Price was right on the Hiedaneau's

I think they handle gravel and paved roads decently, I haven't gone real deep in the muck but they work great.
klr650stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:55 PM   #5
az-wadeo
Occasional Poster

Super Cool Since: Nov 2011
Locale: Tucson, AZ
Postings: 1
az-wadeo is on a distinguished road

I recently replaced my front Avon Gripster on my '05 KLR650 with a Heidenau 50/50 and it WAY out performs the Avon (didn't care for it). I'm getting ready to replace the MEFO 99 (been a great tire, ~7K on it) on the rear with a Heidenau K60.

A friend of mine (a more experienced rider than me, currently on a KTM950 Enduro) thinks the Heidenau K60 on the rear with the Continental TKC80 on the front would be ideal. He's not as happy as i am with the Heidenau front tire, but i had the Avon previously and he had the TKC80.

az-wadeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Tags
heidenau, k60