SiteLock
TENT 2 moto camping solo - wich one? (minimum screened area) - KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
Go Back   KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum! > Ride Reports, Photo & Video > Ride Reports & Trip Planning
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Ride Reports & Trip Planning Are you ready for some great riding and adventure stories!?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2017, 07:42 PM   #18
PittsDriver

Super Cool Since: Sep 2014
Locale: Annapolis MD
Postings: 721
PittsDriver is on a distinguished road
Default Re: TENT 2 moto camping solo - wich one? (minimum screened a

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8bit View Post
Cheap tents don't last as long, but when you can buy 6 $50 tents for the same as 1 $300 tent, you don't care when they get ripped or whatever. Can of silicon spray, which I would do even for a $300 tent and good to go.

8bit
I'm always willing to learn something new. What do you do when you're a couple of days into a 2 week adventure ride and your tent is FUBAR and leaks on you every time it rains? When you wake up in the middle of the night and everything you had laying on the floor of your tent is wet?

It's not just how long they last. Cheap tents weigh a lot more, don't pack up nearly as small, and don't pitch and put away as easily as the ultralight backpacking stuff out there. $300? I wish. A Big Agnes UL3 will set you back about $460 and if you like a roomy 4 man tent, the UL4 is about $650.

I said it in my previous post, if you don't use it much or maybe only use it for one night when you know the weather's fine and you can afford the weigh and space then it makes perfect sense why you don't get why a premium tent is worth it. If you're going to live in it for a couple of weeks and your quality rest and comfort depends on your camping gear, then I still maintain it's a proper value. What's it cost to stay in hotels for a couple of weeks when you were planning on tent camping? Or taking the time to go find another $50 tent when you could have been riding some trails?
'16 KTM 1290 R Super Duke (for my inner hooligan)
PittsDriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
area, camping, minimum, moto, screened, solo, tent, wich