SiteLock
Central Alberta KLR's - KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
Go Back   KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum! > Regional Events, Upcoming Rides & Tech Days > Canada
> Alberta
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2013, 11:44 PM   #1
BullseyeKLR
A Regular

Super Cool Since: Dec 2012
Locale: Central Alberta
Postings: 52
BullseyeKLR is on a distinguished road
Default Central Alberta KLR's

Moonw5 and I went for a small ride !!

(Started in Ponoka) Headed out to east to Bashaw...then futher east to Forestburg....down to the "Power Plant" on the Battle River !! Rode some gravel and found our way back to Alix ...stopped for a cup of tea and bowl of soup....then home !!! Good day..a little cool but ...hey, I was on 2 wheels so everything was good !! Rode roads I never seen before and got some experence on the KLR !!! Lots of people though we were crazy (that could be true !! LOL) for riding so early !!!

Here's the route = https://goo.gl/maps/w5SXg
2011 Metallic Flat Raw Greystone/Ebony KLR - Happy Trail's WOW LED taillight, AVC-Aluminum Rear Master Cylinder Guard, UNI-Air Filter, Reflective striping on factory stickers, SW Motech Crash bars/blackibags, JNS skidplate, JNS front fender brace, JNS kickstandpad, Eagle Mike fork brace, Michelin T63 front and rear tires, Jesse Odyssey Luggage System with Cee Bailey liners, Seat Concepts low seat, 16 tooth spocket, Tech Spec tank grippers, Cee Bailey adjustable Touring screen, etc.

Last edited by BullseyeKLR; 03-30-2013 at 11:45 PM.
BullseyeKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:04 AM   #2
BullseyeKLR
A Regular

Default Re: Central Alberta KLR's

Here's a nice picture of the bikes by the power plant :
2011 Metallic Flat Raw Greystone/Ebony KLR - Happy Trail's WOW LED taillight, AVC-Aluminum Rear Master Cylinder Guard, UNI-Air Filter, Reflective striping on factory stickers, SW Motech Crash bars/blackibags, JNS skidplate, JNS front fender brace, JNS kickstandpad, Eagle Mike fork brace, Michelin T63 front and rear tires, Jesse Odyssey Luggage System with Cee Bailey liners, Seat Concepts low seat, 16 tooth spocket, Tech Spec tank grippers, Cee Bailey adjustable Touring screen, etc.
Sponsored links
Old 03-31-2013, 11:07 AM   #3
BullseyeKLR
A Regular

Sorry...here it is :
Attached Images
File Type: jpg work 013 [800x600].jpg (81.5 KB, 33 views)
Old 04-02-2013, 09:09 PM   #4
NaeKid
KLR Enthusiast

Super Cool Since: Oct 2010
Locale: Calgary, AB
Postings: 913
NaeKid is on a distinguished road

Sounds like a nice ride!

Shiny Red 2005 KLR with lots of goodies
Olive Green 1995 KLR with lots of paint
NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:48 AM   #5
BullseyeKLR
A Regular

Got to love Alberta......crappier weather in March than in Feburary !!! I was shopping for stuff for the bike in Calgary in Feburary IN MY T SHIRT !!! Now I all most need a parka !!
Where is this global warming thing ..they talk about ??

I hope summer isn't like this ...a taste of nice weather....then rain and cool temps !!
Old 04-09-2013, 02:39 PM   #6
NaeKid
KLR Enthusiast

Know what you mean.

Right now any day that is nice enough to get my bike out of the garage and down to the highway is a good day. I have got a few nice runs in and every morning I look at the forecast and figure out if I can ride that day ...

Old 04-26-2013, 10:23 AM   #7
BullseyeKLR
A Regular

Yesterday and today .....finely decent days and great weather, prefect for a ride !!!

AND I have to work !!!!!!

Hopefully will be able to get out on a quick scoot !!!
Old 05-05-2013, 10:35 AM   #8
BullseyeKLR
A Regular

Joined in on "Alberta Dual Sport Riders" 1st run of the year yesterday !!!

Rode up to Fort Sask. and joined up with about 30 bikes to ride from there to Smoky Lake ...taking gravel roads and poor pavement. (Following the Victoria Trail -follows the North Sask. River)
Awesome weather and great roads with incredible views.
About 8 1/2 to 9 hrs of riding .....so a decent day and very enjoyable !!!
Old 05-05-2013, 10:51 AM   #9
Garry_Kramer
A Regular

Super Cool Since: Jan 2013
Locale: Edmonton
Postings: 146
Garry_Kramer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullseyeKLR View Post
Joined in on "Alberta Dual Sport Riders" 1st run of the year yesterday !!!

Rode up to Fort Sask. and joined up with about 30 bikes to ride from there to Smoky Lake ...taking gravel roads and poor pavement. (Following the Victoria Trail -follows the North Sask. River)
Awesome weather and great roads with incredible views.
About 8 1/2 to 9 hrs of riding .....so a decent day and very enjoyable !!!
Yes it was a great ride wasn't it. Mine ended up being about 344 km as you are further south than I am.

Garry
Attached Files
File Type: gpx 4 May 2012 Smoky Lake.gpx (364.6 KB, 5 views)

Follow me at www.AmazingRideforMS.ca
Garry_Kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:34 PM   #10
BullseyeKLR
A Regular

2 weeks till Moonw5 and I head west to BC. Travelling to Vancouver Island ....touring the Island for a few days .....hopping on a 15 hr ferry ride to Prince Rupert and then a little side trip to Hyder, Alaska then home thru Prince George and Jasper and home.

Bike is pretty much ready to go...just an oil change before we go. Already packing stuff and seeing what I need .. and what I don't need !! Camping a few nights during the trip... so get all that together.

I've done trips before and no worries !! BUT this trip is a little more in depth so I hope I am prepared. Hope bike runs well, hope weather is decent, hope my old bones can handle the trip !!! LOL
Sponsored links
Old 06-13-2013, 11:14 PM   #11
krb7951
A Regular

Super Cool Since: Nov 2010
Locale: Calgary
Postings: 64
krb7951 is on a distinguished road

Iím very jealous of you both, one day I hope to go on a ride like this.
Hope youíre taking a laptop and will update us when you can with some pictures.
Have a great and save journey!
Old 06-17-2013, 02:15 PM   #12
NaeKid
KLR Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by krb7951 View Post
Iím very jealous of you both, one day I hope to go on a ride like this.
Hope youíre taking a laptop and will update us when you can with some pictures.
Have a great and save journey!
... or at least a tablet that can be charged up while the bike is running ...

Old 06-18-2013, 10:46 PM   #13
BullseyeKLR
A Regular

Moonw5 is planning on "updateing" or "blogging" while on the trip !!! It's all foreign to me but he is a "tech" guy so hope to keep everyone in-formed as we travel. We both did get "drift ghost" cameras for the trip so should have some pretty cool vids and pics of our trip !!
Just hope we get some sunshine on our trip.....after all it is the BC coast !!!
Old 06-18-2013, 10:52 PM   #14
BullseyeKLR
A Regular

Both bikes are out-fitted with 12V plugs.

I got sooooo much to recharge ..... our helmet communicators(X2), drift camera battery, cell phone, my battery back-up (for electronic stuff, not bike)(it's solar too ....so hopefully we get sun !!).

We are planning on camping a few nights, and hotelling it a few too !! So at least at the hotel we can refresh everything there !!
Old 07-19-2013, 10:25 AM   #15
moonw5
A Regular

Super Cool Since: Oct 2012
Locale: Alberta
Postings: 244
moonw5 is on a distinguished road

In case anybody missed it, here is the link to the RR on ADV:

https://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=898211
moonw5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:55 PM   #16
Flash Gordon
A Regular

Super Cool Since: Oct 2013
Locale: Alberta Canada
Postings: 154
Flash Gordon is on a distinguished road

It is 3 wild cow time !!! Ha Ha.

Good call on building up a foot hold on taking over the world Bulls Eye !!!

We can sneek in through the back door with warm milk and cookies to take on the evil do'ers, and once we have them where they are, we will whip out our 5 string banjo's, and fire up a tune from Corb Lund, "You Got A have Cows !!! Ha Ha.

Bung bung bung. "Just tuning the strings. LOL

From jeathrow Bowdean AKA Flash Gordon

Last edited by Flash Gordon; 10-15-2013 at 10:10 PM.
Flash Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:43 AM   #17
Flash Gordon
A Regular

I thought I'd better mention that I will be at Edmonton and Calgary helping out with the ADS "Alberta Dual Sport" booth this year, and if any of the KLR dudes are kicking around, swing on by to say hello to Don P, AKA Flash Gordon.

This will be the first year of this, so we might be a little off key with all, but we would sure like to meet a few more rider that like doing day rides, some group ouings in the province and a far if it works out, and some gathering on the work short days in Calgary Edmonton Red Deer !!!

Hope to see some new faces that can make it out to either of the shows.

From Don. PS: There will be some other Alberta dual sport dudes there to visit with as well.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:16 PM   #18
Flash Gordon
A Regular

***Central Alberta Bike Show at Edmonton is Jan 17 to 19. 2013 and you will find me or one of the ADS dudes at the booth.

Calgary show is 10 to 12. 2013 with the ADS booth, so if your kicking around, stop in to say hi, and don't forget to say KLR's rock. Ha Ha. "I like to bug my fellow dual sport brothers.

See you there. From Don, AKA Flash Gordon.
Sponsored links

Tags
alberta, central, klr