SiteLock
TENT 2 moto camping solo - wich one? (minimum screened area) - Page 3 - KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
Go Back   KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum! > Ride Reports, Photo & Video > Ride Reports & Trip Planning
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Ride Reports & Trip Planning Are you ready for some great riding and adventure stories!?

Old 07-31-2017, 10:08 PM   #41
Vandergraf
Minneapolis, MN

Super Cool Since: Jan 2007
Locale: Minneapolis
Postings: 355
Vandergraf is on a distinguished road
Default Re: TENT 2 moto camping solo - wich one? (minimum screened a

I've been happy with my Eureka tents for many years and they are pretty inexpensive compared to others mentioned.
I have a 20+ year old Timberline 4 for car camping with the wife and/or dogs. It's been great with no problems to speak of.
I also have a Spitfire 2 for motocamping. It has a maximum of screened area, but the fly covers it well and I've never had a problem with rain or condensation etc.
I setup my Thermarest LuxuryLite cot on the ground, then setup the Spitfire tent on top of it so no drop cloth needed. I throw a cheap closed cell foam pad inside the tent and I'm set. Never had a problem with leaking or durability issues in 8 years (though I only use it 6-8 nights per year)
FWIW, I'm 6'2" 230 lbs and am somewhat clumsy with poor night vision, so I'm not very gentle on tents!

I also have a Hennesey Hammock which I loved for several years, but entering my late 50's and suffering aching shoulders, I now roll around a bit too much in my sleep, which is not a good thing in a hammock tent.

I would not recommend getting any tent with fiberglass poles. You often find broken fiberglass poles lying around campsites, but almost never aluminum poles.

Last edited by Vandergraf; 07-31-2017 at 10:14 PM.
Vandergraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Tags
area, camping, minimum, moto, screened, solo, tent, wich