SiteLock
Anyone in Ontario have an overbore kit on their klr? - KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
Go Back   KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum! > Regional Events, Upcoming Rides & Tech Days > Canada
> Ontario Riders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2016, 04:56 PM   #1
Beekman
A Regular

Super Cool Since: May 2015
Locale: Ontario
Postings: 76
Beekman is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone in Ontario have an overbore kit on their klr?

Title says it all

I am pondering getting a 685 kit put in my 2012. Wondering if anyone from Ontario has had this done locally and if so, where did you get the work done?
Beekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 03:48 PM   #2
03kj
Occasional Poster

Super Cool Since: Jan 2016
Locale: Kitchener, Canada
Postings: 3
03kj is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone in Ontario have an overbore kit on their klr?

I did a 685 kit last fall and had it machined in Guelph at a place called Autoserv 98 (519) 822-5700. They did a good job just bring the piston and rings he even gap them for me. I have an 08 that was burning more oil than gas and it fix the problem and runs smooth now.
03kj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-28-2016, 10:28 PM   #3
Beekman
A Regular

Super Cool Since: May 2015
Locale: Ontario
Postings: 76
Beekman is on a distinguished road

Awesome! I'm like 15 mins from Guelph. What kit did you go with?
Beekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 02:03 PM   #4
gregmanton1

Super Cool Since: May 2010
Locale: Peterborough Ontario
Postings: 264
gregmanton1 is on a distinguished road

Willis did a bunch of kits on his different bikes should chase him down. Seemed to always like the bored out bikes
full hand guards, rad guards, doo dun,fairing mod, running lights, jet kit, drilled slide, uni filter, snorkle gone, airbox cut,FMF powerbomb header, t mod,rear subframe drilled and upgraded dirt footpegs, ims shifter braided brake lines,7.4kg/mm rear spring, Ims tank, front yzf 450 forks, fcr 39 pumpercarb, vapor comp.
gregmanton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 04:41 PM   #5
03kj
Occasional Poster

Super Cool Since: Jan 2016
Locale: Kitchener, Canada
Postings: 3
03kj is on a distinguished road

I went with the Schnitz Piston Kit with the correct over sized head gasket. I liked the fact the the piston is over 100g lighter than stock. I got it off a Canadian company linked to twisted throttle, I paid around $400 CND. The hardest part is installing the piston pin C clips, other than that is all good. Good luck and let me know if you need any help
03kj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 02:56 PM   #6
Throttlehound
A Regular

Super Cool Since: Oct 2010
Locale: Maple, Ontario, Canada
Postings: 66
Throttlehound is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beekman View Post
Title says it all

I am pondering getting a 685 kit put in my 2012. Wondering if anyone from Ontario has had this done locally and if so, where did you get the work done?
I have the 688 kit on my 2008. It was installed by Willis who used to be on this forum. He lives in Pefferlaw near Lake Simcoe. I have put over 25,000 km on the bike with this kit and have been extremely happy with it. If you go to page 3 on this Ontario forum you will see a post by me on September 3, 2012 with a link to a detailed review of the install of the 688 kit that may be of some help. Good Luck!
2008 Kawasaki KLR 650 (688 Kit, KLX Needle Kit, Uni Filter, Avon Gripster Tires, Kawi Bags, Wolfman Explorer Lite Tank Bag, 12 V outlet, Throttlerocker, CanTire Foam Grip Covers, Doohickey, SW Motech Crash Bars (tested several times), home made hwy pegs & lowering brackets, EM Bar Risers, Garmin 2557 GPS)
2007 Boulevard C50 (sold)
2005 V-Strom DL650 (sold)
Throttlehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 11:36 PM   #7
RBR SIDE DWN

Super Cool Since: Dec 2010
Locale: Hillsburgh Ontario
Postings: 628
RBR SIDE DWN is on a distinguished road

It's Willys, not Willis.

I have a Shintz racing 705 kit and head work done by M-Tech in Oregon; quoted me a two week turn around time but took over three months before I got the engine bits back. Jonathon reassembled the motor and help me with a basketful of mods.

It was unfortunate business with Willys and this site. This is the first post in almost three years for me.

Cheers
Tony
RBR SIDE DWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 09:53 AM   #8
Throttlehound
A Regular

Super Cool Since: Oct 2010
Locale: Maple, Ontario, Canada
Postings: 66
Throttlehound is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBR SIDE DWN View Post
It's Willys, not Willis.

I have a Shintz racing 705 kit and head work done by M-Tech in Oregon; quoted me a two week turn around time but took over three months before I got the engine bits back. Jonathon reassembled the motor and help me with a basketful of mods.

It was unfortunate business with Willys and this site. This is the first post in almost three years for me.

Cheers
Tony
I realized my mistake too late to correct it. Apologies to Willys.
2008 Kawasaki KLR 650 (688 Kit, KLX Needle Kit, Uni Filter, Avon Gripster Tires, Kawi Bags, Wolfman Explorer Lite Tank Bag, 12 V outlet, Throttlerocker, CanTire Foam Grip Covers, Doohickey, SW Motech Crash Bars (tested several times), home made hwy pegs & lowering brackets, EM Bar Risers, Garmin 2557 GPS)
2007 Boulevard C50 (sold)
2005 V-Strom DL650 (sold)
Throttlehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Tags
kit, klr, ontario, overbore