SiteLock
Lee Park's Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic - KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
Go Back   KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum! > Regional Events, Upcoming Rides & Tech Days > Canada
> Ontario Riders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2014, 10:13 AM   #1
klrscribble

Super Cool Since: Nov 2011
Locale: Toronto
Postings: 17
klrscribble is on a distinguished road
Default Lee Park's Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic

Just curious if any other KLR riders in Ontario took the Sharp Rider advanced riding clinic. What was the experience like? $375.00 for the day.
klrscribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 06:41 PM   #2
Green lane
A Regular

Super Cool Since: Jun 2009
Locale: ontario,canada
Postings: 234
Green lane is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Lee Park's Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic

Never heard of it,but it sounds interesting...
Green lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-27-2014, 12:09 PM   #3
klrscribble

Super Cool Since: Nov 2011
Locale: Toronto
Postings: 17
klrscribble is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Lee Park's Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic

I bit the bullet and took the course in Toronto (Mississauga) yes very helpful, now I just need to practice… started at 8am and left at 6pm so it was a long day. There's in class sessions to discuss the theories outlined in the book (Lee Parks Total Control) then we do them in a parking lot. We were split off into small groups and after you do a task you get immediate feedback so that's cool. They also had a photographer on the course so you can see what you did wrong at the start of the day and throughout and when you improved near the end of the day. So I'd say worth it. Ladies were teaching the course so put your ego on the shelf and be open to creative criticism. We'd also discussed positioning for turns (go in wide, quick turn late to maximize your field of vision and come out of the turn on the inside) also talked tires and suspension set up so I'm sure that part might be boring for some of you gear heads . I was the only KLR there so they were able to give me individual guidance for me. So there you go I give it two thumbs up.
klrscribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Tags
advanced, clinic, control, lee, park, riding, total