SiteLock
Eagle Mike's and Sams 762 Stroker kit! - Page 2 - KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
Go Back   KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum! > Premium Advertisers > Eagle Mfg & Eng
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Eagle Mfg & Eng Click the banner to purchase! QUALITY. MADE IN USA! Forum operated by Eaglemike

Old 09-06-2017, 04:38 PM   #21
Eaglemike
LEVEL 3 STAFF

Super Cool Since: May 2005
Locale: San Diego
Postings: 9,431
Eaglemike has much to be proud ofEaglemike has much to be proud ofEaglemike has much to be proud ofEaglemike has much to be proud ofEaglemike has much to be proud ofEaglemike has much to be proud ofEaglemike has much to be proud ofEaglemike has much to be proud of
Default Re: Eagle Mike's and Sams 762 Stroker kit!

A few have asked about stroke to rod length ratio. It's good, no worries, can you say 1.6?

It's a straight bolt in to standard cases. This was my design requirement. No spacer needed. You can still work on the bike as easily as it is when stock. This was a design requirement.

We are running a different carb, that will bolt in when we add a couple of parts I make for it. No frame cutting. This was also a design requirement. We'll have a kit with cables, jetted, ready to go, brand new carb, for about $430 plus shipping. Will also work on stock engine KLR, slightly different jetting.

Right now we are running stock camshafts, but have more ready for testing when the dyno is up and running. I'm hoping to have it running for tech day.

Cary Aspy -the real klr650 guru. RIP my brother, I miss you.

Don't try to be a great man, just be a man, and let history make it's own decision

Be your own KLR650 GURU!
Eaglemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 04:07 PM   #22
srech77
Occasional Poster

Super Cool Since: Sep 2017
Locale: Billings, MT
Postings: 5
srech77 is on a distinguished road

I was just about to go after the 685 or 705 kit this winter ... I may have to wait and reconsider. This is awesome..
srech77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 10:36 AM   #23
srech77
Occasional Poster

So this would be Gen I applicable only, correct?
Old 09-24-2017, 11:23 AM   #24
Chuck B
LEVEL 3 STAFF

Super Cool Since: Jun 2009
Locale: Phoenix, Az
Postings: 18,611
Chuck B is a splendid one to beholdChuck B is a splendid one to beholdChuck B is a splendid one to beholdChuck B is a splendid one to beholdChuck B is a splendid one to beholdChuck B is a splendid one to beholdChuck B is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by srech77 View Post
So this would be Gen I applicable only, correct?
If you are referencing stroker engine...any Gen1 or Gen2 engine. Post 95 engines would need a different (later model) cylinder. If you are referencing different carb...any Gen1 or Gen2.

Last edited by Chuck B; 09-24-2017 at 11:25 AM.
Chuck B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 12:45 PM   #25
srech77
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck B View Post
If you are referencing stroker engine...any Gen1 or Gen2 engine. Post 95 engines would need a different (later model) cylinder. If you are referencing different carb...any Gen1 or Gen2.
Yes, sorry I should have been more specific - I have a 2015 KLR, and I noticed early in this post it referenced something about a Gen I. And I'm relatively new to the KLR so I'm not sure how "interchangeable" parts on the motors are between the different generations.

I'm referring to whatever would be necessary to outfit a 2015 model with the 762 stroker kit, i.e. Crank, rod, piston, jug, head, cams, carb, etc...

But thank you for clarifying 👍🏼
Old 09-24-2017, 03:48 PM   #26
AZSpeedfreek

Super Cool Since: Mar 2012
Locale: Arizona
Postings: 565
AZSpeedfreek is on a distinguished road

I have a credit card and then voices in my head said I should do this once it is available so.....

How much and when is/will it be available???

Mike...
Is/will the stroker be ok to run with stock gearing at 75-85mph??
AZSpeedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 01:21 PM   #27
Eaglemike
LEVEL 3 STAFF

Eaglemike has much to be proud ofEaglemike has much to be proud ofEaglemike has much to be proud ofEaglemike has much to be proud ofEaglemike has much to be proud ofEaglemike has much to be proud ofEaglemike has much to be proud ofEaglemike has much to be proud of

Easiest to build using a 1996/later engine. Earlier engines ok, but clutch and output shaft not as friendly, output shaft no longer available.

Any year engine CAN be used.

Stock gearing will work fine, but it will feel like it's geared pretty short. We've tested all the way up to 17/34. It has enough power to pull it, but a little tall around town. Awesome on the freeway. Current gearing is 14/34, fun and fine. Very freeway friendly, and works around town. Even with 17/34 wheelies are pretty easy. This is with stock camshafts. We have custom camshafts were will be testing soon.

We are still refining what it's going to cost. Most would be labor. My guesstimeate this minute would be around $2500, including carb and the engine work. Might be able to get it lower, but we'll see......

Top speed is limited by wobble right now. With the stock body work it gets squirrely about 125 indicated.......... Still accelerating fairly well at that speed. We are running fat tires, going to go back to stock on the next one to reduce drag and see what that does.

Don't try to be a great man, just be a man, and let history make it's own decision

Be your own KLR650 GURU!
Old 09-25-2017, 01:33 PM   #28
mxh

Super Cool Since: Aug 2010
Locale: Manitoba, Canada
Postings: 85
mxh is on a distinguished road

Best guess on when you'll be able to take orders and do the work?
Thanks,
Old 09-25-2017, 02:49 PM   #29
Eaglemike
LEVEL 3 STAFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
Best guess on when you'll be able to take orders and do the work?
Thanks,
safe to say about 3 months. After we proof the 4 pistons in hand, we'll order a production batch. Those take about a month to 6 weeks. We have the rods already. Just want to double and triple check everything.

Be your own KLR650 GURU!
Old 11-11-2017, 10:48 PM   #30
rfarmer2
Occasional Poster

Super Cool Since: Feb 2015
Locale: Arkansas
Postings: 1
rfarmer2 is on a distinguished road

Any updates on this? Seriously will keep me from going back to an orange bike that has left me stranded on the side of the road several times. Would love to have the power to keep me from doing that
rfarmer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:40 AM   #31
KLdrumR
Dig it

Super Cool Since: Apr 2007
Locale: Merrimack Valley MA
Postings: 7,692
KLdrumR is on a distinguished road

I missed this thread until just now.

pretty wild!

I just wish one of us who is no longer with us could be around - I'm sure he'd be deeply involved.

Old 11-15-2017, 08:33 PM   #32
Pollack

Super Cool Since: Jun 2014
Locale: In Transit
Postings: 352
Pollack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglemike View Post
Stock gearing will work fine, but it will feel like it's geared pretty short. We've tested all the way up to 17/34. It has enough power to pull it, but a little tall around town. Awesome on the freeway. Current gearing is 14/34, fun and fine. Very freeway friendly, and works around town. Even with 17/34 wheelies are pretty easy. This is with stock camshafts. We have custom camshafts were will be testing soon.

A 34 tooth rear sprocket is not a typo is it.......

Best regards,
Old 11-18-2017, 12:30 PM   #33
Eaglemike
LEVEL 3 STAFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollack View Post
A 34 tooth rear sprocket is not a typo is it.......

Best regards,
Not a typo.......

Be your own KLR650 GURU!

Tags
762, eagle, kit, mike, sams, stroker