SiteLock
Chuck B and Dave P Racing - KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
Go Back   KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum! > Off The Beaten Path > Off-Topic Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion All other topics

Old 11-22-2017, 08:19 AM   #1
"Mitch"

Super Cool Since: Aug 2014
Locale: Iowa
Postings: 3,145
"Mitch" is just really nice"Mitch" is just really nice"Mitch" is just really nice"Mitch" is just really nice
Default Chuck B and Dave P Racing

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bbvmu8uBE3v/
"Mitch" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 05:35 PM   #2
PittsDriver

Super Cool Since: Sep 2014
Locale: Annapolis MD
Postings: 720
PittsDriver is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Chuck B and Dave P Racing

Boys will be boys - even in Asia.
'16 KTM 1290 R Super Duke (for my inner hooligan)
PittsDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-22-2017, 05:48 PM   #3
"Mitch"

Super Cool Since: Aug 2014
Locale: Iowa
Postings: 3,145
"Mitch" is just really nice"Mitch" is just really nice"Mitch" is just really nice"Mitch" is just really nice

I thought is was hilarious........Payback is a bitch
"Mitch" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 06:58 AM   #4
Robert Z
LEVEL 3 STAFF

Super Cool Since: Jan 2012
Locale: Avoiding Dysentery
Postings: 354
Robert Z is a name known to allRobert Z is a name known to allRobert Z is a name known to allRobert Z is a name known to allRobert Z is a name known to allRobert Z is a name known to all

I was in that race! I won because I was the slowest rider! It was all part of my master plan, let those two hyper-competitive types take each other out while I putted along to victory.

Slow, but non-vindictive won THAT race!

It was awesome, I got a bowl of rice, some naan, and bragging rights!
Blue KLR club member #243 Post a pic of your bike here, then pm me for membership. https://www.klr650.net/forums/showthr...light=blue+klr

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.
Robert Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 02:15 PM   #5
DPelletier
LEVEL 3 STAFF

Super Cool Since: Aug 2010
Locale: Kelowna B.C.
Postings: 6,486
DPelletier will become famous soon enoughDPelletier will become famous soon enough

"bangin' bars" ....that's how it's done!

Dave
twins; 2000 & 2001 KLR's: Cogent suspension, 320mm rotor+SV calipers, IMS tanks+ tankvest, Knight designs pegs, Anti-gravity batteries, Renthal bars, MT21 and D606 tires, FMF Q4 and LeoVince X3, ...and most everything that Eaglemike makes! :-)
DPelletier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:03 PM   #6
Chuck B
LEVEL 3 STAFF

Super Cool Since: Jun 2009
Locale: Phoenix, Az
Postings: 18,684
Chuck B is a splendid one to beholdChuck B is a splendid one to beholdChuck B is a splendid one to beholdChuck B is a splendid one to beholdChuck B is a splendid one to beholdChuck B is a splendid one to beholdChuck B is a splendid one to behold

I once had a guy come up to me telling me I had to replace his pipe because of my unsafe inside pass causing him to run off the track. I replied, we are on a race track. there's a checkered flag. First one there wins. It's called racing...
Old 12-07-2017, 04:34 PM   #7
DPelletier
LEVEL 3 STAFF

DPelletier will become famous soon enoughDPelletier will become famous soon enough

Yep; I remember one particularly nasty Xcountry race start that had a shotgun going off and about 45 of us at a time funnelling from an open field to a single track trail in about 150'......more than half the field crashed...I was never so happy to get the holeshot as in that race!
twins; 2000 & 2001 KLR's: Cogent suspension, 320mm rotor+SV calipers, IMS tanks+ tankvest, Knight designs pegs, Anti-gravity batteries, Renthal bars, MT21 and D606 tires, FMF Q4 and LeoVince X3, ...and most everything that Eaglemike makes! :-)
Old 12-08-2017, 01:03 AM   #8
Chuck B
LEVEL 3 STAFF

Chuck B is a splendid one to beholdChuck B is a splendid one to beholdChuck B is a splendid one to beholdChuck B is a splendid one to beholdChuck B is a splendid one to beholdChuck B is a splendid one to beholdChuck B is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPelletier View Post
Yep; I remember one particularly nasty Xcountry race start that had a shotgun going off and about 45 of us at a time funnelling from an open field to a single track trail in about 150'......more than half the field crashed...I was never so happy to get the holeshot as in that race!
Those types of starts are the only ones I'd be sitting there waiting for the canon to go off thinking...why am I doing this?

Back in the 80's -90's our Hare Scrambles and Hare and Hounds would have 3 to 5 rows of nearly 100 bikes across. It was dead engine with every rider with front tire between their legs. While it wouldn't funnel down to a single track for 1/4 to 1/2 mile that only meant everyones speeds were that much greater when it did.

Moonrocks race in NV way way way back when I managed somehow to be in the top 5 off the line (riding XR600) and stayed ahead all the way to where it funnelled down. NO ONE was more surprised than me. Then it dawned on me how many were behind me. I quickly got arm pump and crashed a few miles further. I was almost relieved not to be in front. Typical newbie lol. Back then the loops were 40-50 miles and for most of the race us C riders were riding/racing by ourselves.

Pix 1 - smaller H&H with about 50-60 per row
Pix 2 - Yours truly waiting
Pix 3 - Rabbit takes off
Pix 4 - The 'hounds' give chase!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HooDooline.jpg (115.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg HooDoo Chuck.jpg (86.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg HooDoo Rabbit2.jpg (39.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg HooDoo flag.jpg (17.1 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by Chuck B; 12-08-2017 at 01:12 AM.
Chuck B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 01:09 AM   #9
Chuck B
LEVEL 3 STAFF

That race was up by Page AZ. Its all sugar sand...horrible riding and even worse racing. You couldnt own a bike with enough HP to stay on top. This particular race got out on indian reservation...way back in. I went back the next day (Indians were ok with it) and snap a couple pix. The deep 'hole' or crack you see is the colorado river. This is where it begins digging its way to what is the Grand Canyon about an hour ride west of here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HooDoo River.jpg (78.6 KB, 8 views)
Old 12-08-2017, 10:58 AM   #10
DPelletier
LEVEL 3 STAFF

Haha; I guarantee you weren't the only one thinking that! ....I know I did, every race. I actually was MUCH happier 20-30 minutes in when you'd be mostly riding by yourself.

When I first started racing as a C rider, I'd hang back a bit so as to avoid the starting madness.....but after awhile, I realized it was better to "get it over with" at the start and then I could relax (well, not the right word, but you get my drift!) a bit for the rest of the race without the constant anxiety about trying to pass the slower guys....usually in spots that weren't the best considering the tight single track prevalent in most of our events.

Ahhh the memories! I have a saying: "The older I get, the faster I was!"

Dave
Sponsored links
Old 12-08-2017, 11:31 AM   #11
DPelletier
LEVEL 3 STAFF

Oh, and our event organizers started to get silly with the starts; there were shotguns and cannons for sure.....in the beginning it was mostly just dead engine starts with hands on the helmet; then some would have you straddle the front fender or hold the back fender. The worst was someone had the crazy idea to have us start with one boot off and the boot 100 ft up the hill...the cannon went off and you had to run (with only one boot on) up the hill, retrieve your boot, put it on, run back, start your bike and go.....there were some complaints about that one!

Dave
Sponsored links

Tags
chuck, dave, racing