SiteLock
2018 Arivaca Outback - Dual Sport Desert Daze - KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
Go Back   KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum! > Regional Events, Upcoming Rides & Tech Days > United States
> Southwest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2017, 05:40 PM   #1
alaskasail
A Regular

Super Cool Since: Aug 2009
Locale: Arizona-Alaska....
Postings: 206
alaskasail is on a distinguished road
Default 2018 Arivaca Outback - Dual Sport Desert Daze

A quick note to let you know that the Arivaca Outback/ Dual Sport Desert Daze gathering will be held in Arivaca, February 22nd through February 25th, 2018. We will be centered in the La Siesta RV & camping park. When I get some time on the internet I will update the Arivaca Outback page

Raven will also be updating the Dual Sport Desert Daze pages.

If you are sure that you are coming, it would be a good idea to reserve a spot with Steve at the La Siesta. You can find them on Facebook or email him direct at:

lasiestacampgrounds@gmail.com

I understand that there is also a vintage trailer event happening that weekend so sign up. For those dry camping, spots are almost limitless.

Food is close by at BK's Outlaw BBQ , the La Gitana, Virginia's, Gadsden's Coffee shop and there' also plenty of supplies at the mercantile.

We're working on all this.

We will be doing tech work, buy and sell, and general management from my place and you are always welcome there.

I'm excited to be doing this again next year and to see all of you again. Stay tuned.

A

References:

Arivaca Outback: (https://sites.google.com/site/arivacaoutback/).

Dualsport Desert Daze: (https://www.dualsportdesertdaze.com/)

La Siesta Campgrounds (https://www.facebook.com/La-Siesta-C...4508344243356/)

La Gitana (https://www.facebook.com/pages/La-Gi...94746580587590)

BK's Outlaw BBQ (https://www.facebook.com/bksoutlawbbq/)

Gadsden's Coffee: (https://www.facebook.com/GadsdenCoffee/
Old 07-18-2017, 05:56 PM   #2
ranterbul

Super Cool Since: Mar 2014
Locale: United States
Postings: 56
ranterbul is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 2018 Arivaca Outback - Dual Sport Desert Daze

Definitely on my calendar. I use this ride as the warm up ride before the Arizona Spring Ride.

Sent from another dimension using Tapatalk
ranterbul is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-19-2017, 12:11 AM   #3
C5dad

Super Cool Since: Aug 2015
Locale: Arizona
Postings: 263
C5dad is on a distinguished road

I had a great time riding this year down there. Even saw RayRay do an impression of Superman. Prettty awesome.

If there's enough interest, I plan to set up a viewing night at Kitt Peak (cost TBD). If not, I'll just haul down one of my scopes for everyone's viewing pleasure.

Cheers

Corbin Seat w upgraded seat pad, EM Fork Brace w/ Acerbis fender, Cogent Moab and front springs, USB and 12 v accessory outlet; Cee Bailey windsheld; MC Mod; deCalifornicated; upcoming 685 kit.
C5dad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 01:07 AM   #4
alaskasail
A Regular

Just a quick note to tell you that I've been doing some riding around Arivaca after my Seattle-Glacier-Arivaca BMW snow plow and have been looking at some of the different rides. Our rainfall this year was not record setting so the roads are in pretty good shape... mostly. I rode the GS up Flux Canyon the other day with Anakee 3 tires and guess what: they closed the road at the top with no notice at the bottom so I had to ride that honker back down some nasty territory.

Bull springs is pretty good for intermediate riders and maybe Tony and Rich will chip in a ride report for the 684 where they rode last week.

I've posted some GPX files of places I've ridden and will post some more as I check them out. See:

Some Rides We Have Taken

Note also that I'm going to rent the Arivaca Community Center for Saturday night and Sunday morning for the two meals we provide and as a place to meet and greet. It is just down the street from the La Siesta Campgrounds.

There is no commercial content in the Arivaca Outback so we are not accepting "sponsors", however, I'm going to make available a spot at my place where you can "Swap-Trade-Buy-Sell" stuff you want to get rid of.

If you bring everything you need on your bike like a real Adventure Rider, you are welcome to set up your tent at my place, but remember that the center of the action is going to be at the La Siesta this year. My place will also be available for you to hang out, work on your bikes or leave large amounts of gold bullion.

OK. More at eleven.
Old 11-20-2017, 11:12 AM   #5
mkitchen

Super Cool Since: Feb 2014
Locale: Kingman AZ, the heart of rt. 66
Postings: 535
mkitchen is on a distinguished road

I already have a spot reserved at La Siesta for the event and I have tacked on some extra days to play.
Mikey
mkitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 12:45 PM   #6
alaskasail
A Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkitchen View Post
I already have a spot reserved at La Siesta for the event and I have tacked on some extra days to play.
Mikey
Great Mikey. Did I tell you that I saw you riding at Arches this October? It didn't fully register at the time, but I was thinking he looked like you: a big guy on a KLR.
Old 11-21-2017, 08:42 AM   #7
alaskasail
A Regular

For anyone who want's to do some longer trips in southern AZ see:

https://ridermagazine.com/2017/02/03/...-the-old-west/

Tags
2018, arivaca, daze, desert, dual, outback, sport