SiteLock
Headed across Washington, then to Glacier - KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
Go Back   KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum! > Riders Helping Riders > Buddy Program
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Buddy Program Meet up with riders in your local area, some who may need a little help or just for safety

Old 06-20-2014, 10:02 PM   #1
sunnyrollins
A Regular

Super Cool Since: Sep 2012
Locale: Los Gatos, CA
Postings: 46
sunnyrollins is on a distinguished road
Default Headed across Washington, then to Glacier

Hi, I'm noticing dealing with lumber trucks and friggin' RV's! Biking alone (unless before 11 a.m.) is not as picturesque as I thought. God, its different riding together, vehicles back off. RV's are easily over 70 on the highways out here. Many and towing SUV's behind them.

Well, I'm crossing Route 2 across to Glacier if anyone is interested or also on the road. Message me if interested. Even if you're in car - I'll take it.
1979 RD400 Daytona Special
sunnyrollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 12:42 AM   #2
Mikengrace
KLR Enthusiast

Super Cool Since: Jul 2013
Locale: Hollister, California.
Postings: 2,441
Mikengrace is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Headed across Washington, then to Glacier

Sounds like a great adventure. Ride safe. The most important thing is to get there. Not to be first.
2013 Black KLR. : Acerbis, Leo Vince, T-Bob, Eagle Mike, Happy Trails, Steads Eng., Race Tech, Dyno Jet, Uni Filter, Conti, Koubalink, Pivot Pegs, Bilt, Givi, Eklipes, Garmin, Moose, EBC sintered brake pads, Kawasaki, Cogent Dynamics and farkles from many others. Plus a 2015 Yamaha
FJ-09, to keep it company.
Mikengrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-21-2014, 11:51 AM   #3
sunnyrollins
A Regular

Super Cool Since: Sep 2012
Locale: Los Gatos, CA
Postings: 46
sunnyrollins is on a distinguished road

Thanks Mike,

Agreed. Being loaded down, riding graded and wet roads, facing truck wind blasts and mountain wind, I'm taking turns (especially downhill) slowly and safety is first, people just get right up on you - I especially love the people with RV's honking, flipping the bird - on vacation. Then the road straightens and they're 2 miles back. Peace brother.
1979 RD400 Daytona Special
sunnyrollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 06:16 PM   #4
Mikengrace
KLR Enthusiast

Super Cool Since: Jul 2013
Locale: Hollister, California.
Postings: 2,441
Mikengrace is on a distinguished road

You will never see those people again. So worry about riding safe for yourself, and enjoy the adventure. Those people are probably just frustrated, being all couped up in their metal boxes. In the end you will remember the ride and adventure, not those people.
Enjoy, and ride safe. By the way Glacier is awesome.
2013 Black KLR. : Acerbis, Leo Vince, T-Bob, Eagle Mike, Happy Trails, Steads Eng., Race Tech, Dyno Jet, Uni Filter, Conti, Koubalink, Pivot Pegs, Bilt, Givi, Eklipes, Garmin, Moose, EBC sintered brake pads, Kawasaki, Cogent Dynamics and farkles from many others. Plus a 2015 Yamaha
FJ-09, to keep it company.
Mikengrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Tags
glacier, headed, washington