SiteLock
Temecula/Murrieta KLR Newbie - KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
Go Back   KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum! > Riders Helping Riders > Buddy Program
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Buddy Program Meet up with riders in your local area, some who may need a little help or just for safety

Old 05-01-2014, 09:52 PM   #1
OldDiverGuy

Super Cool Since: Mar 2014
Locale: Menifee, CA
Postings: 11
OldDiverGuy is on a distinguished road
Wink Temecula/Murrieta KLR Newbie

Just getting into my new KLR and looking for fellow KLR riders in the area to go on local rides with (that are cautious and have patience) that can help me learn safe techniques and riding skills. I am leaning more towards adventure riding at a safe pace and enjoying the ride versus getting from A to B as quick as I can. I think I would like to try the Ortega Hwy for starters (during the week when it's quieter and there are not so many speed crazed riders). Anybody out there that is on this same page, it would be nice to hook up! Thanks!

Last edited by OldDiverGuy; 05-01-2014 at 09:54 PM.
OldDiverGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:52 AM   #2
Mikengrace
KLR Enthusiast

Super Cool Since: Jul 2013
Locale: Hollister, California.
Postings: 2,441
Mikengrace is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Temecula/Murrieta KLR Newbie

Hello OldDiverGuy.
You've come to the right place to connect with other riders. The goal is to hook up and ride in a safer situation than going out by yourself. The Buddy Rider list was designed specifically for this purpose. If you like I can include your name and location on the list. I am not sure if this was your goal or not. If so, just say the word and your name will be added to the Buddy Riders list as of that moment. You can also look at the list to see if there is anyone in your area already on it, and looking for a riding partner as well. I hope this works out for you and meets your needs. Ride safe and enjoy.
2013 Black KLR. : Acerbis, Leo Vince, T-Bob, Eagle Mike, Happy Trails, Steads Eng., Race Tech, Dyno Jet, Uni Filter, Conti, Koubalink, Pivot Pegs, Bilt, Givi, Eklipes, Garmin, Moose, EBC sintered brake pads, Kawasaki, Cogent Dynamics and farkles from many others. Plus a 2015 Yamaha
FJ-09, to keep it company.
Mikengrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-02-2014, 01:39 AM   #3
OldDiverGuy

Smile Re: Temecula/Murrieta KLR Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikengrace View Post
Hello OldDiverGuy.
You've come to the right place to connect with other riders. The goal is to hook up and ride in a safer situation than going out by yourself. The Buddy Rider list was designed specifically for this purpose. If you like I can include your name and location on the list. I am not sure if this was your goal or not. If so, just say the word and your name will be added to the Buddy Riders list as of that moment. You can also look at the list to see if there is anyone in your area already on it, and looking for a riding partner as well. I hope this works out for you and meets your needs. Ride safe and enjoy.
Thank you Mikengrace. Yes, please do add me to the list. I thought I added myself to the list in the past, but I guess not. I'm not savvy yet with navigating around this Forum, so if you could give me some instruction on how to access the list, it would be appreciated. I did chat with you in the past (I think you're in the Hollister area) when I sent someone else a message and it apparently went to you. Like I said, a wee bit of a problem navigating. Thanks!
Old 05-02-2014, 06:15 AM   #4
shane.barton

Super Cool Since: Nov 2009
Locale: Mira Mesa, CA.
Postings: 677
shane.barton is on a distinguished road

Welcome to .net ODG! There are alot of San Diego area guys here and will probably chime in. I like to ride slow and steady, not much into trying to break records or bones.

I am hoping my work schedule clears up enough for mme this year that I can actually get some riding in. Keep on eye on the California regional forums for local rides.
shane.barton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:40 AM   #5
Mikengrace
KLR Enthusiast

Super Cool Since: Jul 2013
Locale: Hollister, California.
Postings: 2,441
Mikengrace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDiverGuy View Post
Thank you Mikengrace. Yes, please do add me to the list. I thought I added myself to the list in the past, but I guess not. I'm not savvy yet with navigating around this Forum, so if you could give me some instruction on how to access the list, it would be appreciated. I did chat with you in the past (I think you're in the Hollister area) when I sent someone else a message and it apparently went to you. Like I said, a wee bit of a problem navigating. Thanks!
Will do, OldDiverGuy.
Your name will be added to the Buddy Rider list as of now. I hope it leads to a great experience for you. Keep an eye on the Buddy Rider list, as it is updated regularly. It will have the names of members and their locations. The most up to date list is usually the last list, on the last page, of the Buddy Riders list. But, the list is regularly updated and submitted at the beginning of the Buddy Riders Thread.
Ride safe and God Bless.
Mike C.
2013 Black KLR. : Acerbis, Leo Vince, T-Bob, Eagle Mike, Happy Trails, Steads Eng., Race Tech, Dyno Jet, Uni Filter, Conti, Koubalink, Pivot Pegs, Bilt, Givi, Eklipes, Garmin, Moose, EBC sintered brake pads, Kawasaki, Cogent Dynamics and farkles from many others. Plus a 2015 Yamaha
FJ-09, to keep it company.

Last edited by Mikengrace; 05-02-2014 at 10:59 AM.
Mikengrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 02:06 PM   #6
OldDiverGuy

Wink Re: Temecula/Murrieta KLR Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane.barton View Post
Welcome to .net ODG! There are alot of San Diego area guys here and will probably chime in. I like to ride slow and steady, not much into trying to break records or bones.

I am hoping my work schedule clears up enough for mme this year that I can actually get some riding in. Keep on eye on the California regional forums for local rides.
Thanks for the reply, Shane. Keep in touch!
Old 04-17-2015, 08:38 AM   #7
RCLafnjack
A Regular

Super Cool Since: Apr 2015
Locale: Queen Creek Az
Postings: 60
RCLafnjack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDiverGuy View Post
Just getting into my new KLR and looking for fellow KLR riders in the area to go on local rides with (that are cautious and have patience) that can help me learn safe techniques and riding skills. I am leaning more towards adventure riding at a safe pace and enjoying the ride versus getting from A to B as quick as I can. I think I would like to try the Ortega Hwy for starters (during the week when it's quieter and there are not so many speed crazed riders). Anybody out there that is on this same page, it would be nice to hook up! Thanks!
OldDiverGuy, I live up the road in Rancho Cucamonga, I'm a long time rider but new to the KLR650 I have a 2015. I'm also a "Enjoy the ride" and not a "How fast can I get there" kinda rider. I've been on Ortega Highway on my cruiser (Royal Star Tour Deluxe) several times. I'm retired so weekday rides preferably Monday,Wednesday or Friday would be best for me. There are lots of roads to explore from Temecula, in any direction.
Let me know if your interested.

Tim
RCLafnjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Tags
klr, newbie, temecula or murrieta