SiteLock
New to Forum in Portland. - KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
Go Back   KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum! > Riders Helping Riders > Buddy Program
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Buddy Program Meet up with riders in your local area, some who may need a little help or just for safety

Old 03-17-2015, 10:50 AM   #1
nosroj
A Regular

Super Cool Since: Jan 2015
Locale: Portland
Postings: 31
nosroj is on a distinguished road
Default New to Forum in Portland.

Hi. I just got back into riding after a long hiatus and I'm looking for some people to ride with in, or around Portland, OR. I'm free most weekends and can play hooky if there's something really good going on.
nosroj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 12:51 AM   #2
RocketyMan
A Regular

Super Cool Since: Oct 2015
Locale: Vancouver Washington
Postings: 23
RocketyMan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New to Forum in Portland.

I know this thread might be a tad old, but I'm looking to ride around the Portland, OR area and perhaps on the vancouver, WA side.

Let me know if anyone is available!
Upcoming planned MODS:Luggage bags of some sort
RocketyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-02-2016, 04:19 PM   #3
ilance
A Regular

Super Cool Since: Oct 2007
Locale: Driest Oregon! (Medford)
Postings: 46
ilance is on a distinguished road

You guys get south, look me up! Medford area has some GREAT riding! (kinda hot and dusty right now!)
ilance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 03:22 AM   #4
pnw_nerd
A Regular

Super Cool Since: Jul 2016
Locale: west of Portland, OR
Postings: 29
pnw_nerd is on a distinguished road

I'm in Hillsboro, went against advice from this forum (and my best judgement), and went out to Roger's Camp OHV area today by myself. Did a loop from the staging area along the firebreak 1 road, then went up the firebreak road again but took a right at the top on an ATV trail. Had a lot of fun, it was enough that my hands were sore after the first loop. I love that I was able to whip right back onto the highway and crank down the mountain curves at 70+. It would be nice to find some other riders.
pnw_nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 03:34 AM   #5
ilance
A Regular

Super Cool Since: Oct 2007
Locale: Driest Oregon! (Medford)
Postings: 46
ilance is on a distinguished road

PNW you live in the Mecca of motorcyledom for our poor little state! No doubt we can find you locals!

I lived in PDX for most of my years.....until Columbia County educated me about what "rain" really was! As a weather refugee, I then located someplace where my webbing could dry out for a while. Now, it's all cracked and gone!

I've had dual sports of various ills for a while.....this is just my first KLR. By FAR and away, the very coolest part is toolin down a backroad and following the USFS or BLM road you've never seen. I will tolerate a mediocre amount of power, bouncy suspension, and high-wear knobbies for the outcome-anytime! It's just a bad idea to go the risk solo.

Let's see what we can do to prop this thread up in the results and lure some like-minded fools out to muddy our steeds!
2005 in a state of flux: currently Lexx exh with Gen II header. Unknown carb, because it works fine. EM Doo with the !;:#%%,,?$(;) spring! Racetech front with 10w oil. Lousy stock rear shock. Tusk ally bars and Acerbis guards. Cleaning things, fixing bent stuff, and learning how awesome this forum really is!
ilance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 07:15 PM   #6
Marty McFly
Occasional Poster

Super Cool Since: Jun 2017
Locale: portland, Oregon
Postings: 3
Marty McFly is on a distinguished road

You still around and looking for riding buddy? Anybody else...?
Marty McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 09:58 PM   #7
RocketyMan
A Regular

Super Cool Since: Oct 2015
Locale: Vancouver Washington
Postings: 23
RocketyMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
You still around and looking for riding buddy? Anybody else...?
I ride nearly everyday to work on my KLR650!
Upcoming planned MODS:Luggage bags of some sort
RocketyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Tags
forum, portland