SiteLock
KLR650 DooHickey wrench loaner tool thread - Page 22 - KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - Original KLR650 Forum!
KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - Original KLR650 Forum!
Go Back   KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - Original KLR650 Forum! > KLR650 Discussion Forums > KLR650 Maintenance, Modifications & Technical > Suggested reading on KLR maintenance
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Suggested reading on KLR maintenance KLR650 Maintenance related threads you should read!

Old 06-01-2016, 04:09 PM   #421
JesterGrin_1

Super Cool Since: Dec 2015
Locale: Army Lodge 1105,San Antonio,TEXAS
Postings: 265
JesterGrin_1 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: KLR650 DooHickey wrench loaner tool thread

Things have been very hectic here. But such as life.

So please inform me as to who is next in line for the tools so I can send them on there way?
JesterGrin_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 04:11 PM   #422
cube13
A Regular

Super Cool Since: Feb 2014
Locale: United States
Postings: 68
cube13 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesterGrin_1 View Post
Things have been very hectic here. But such as life.

So please inform me as to who is next in line for the tools so I can send them on there way?
I thought I was but I could be wrong. I can turn them around quick if that matters.
cube13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 04:50 PM   #423
JesterGrin_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cube13 View Post
I thought I was but I could be wrong. I can turn them around quick if that matters.
Okay then send me your shipping information and I will get the box out to you as soon as possible?
Old 06-01-2016, 04:51 PM   #424
cube13
A Regular

Quote:
Okay then send me your shipping information and I will get the box out to you as soon as possible?
PM Sent. Thanks.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:31 PM   #425
rstanek09

Super Cool Since: Aug 2015
Locale: Ohio
Postings: 594
rstanek09 is on a distinguished road

I don't know who else is in line or if there is anyone out towards the midwest, but I have had the parts and puller in my garage for like 2 years now and never bought the wrench, but don't want to damage my now too expensive build. If anyone wouldn't mind shipping just the wrench out my way, I'd be happy to pay for the shipping and send it back out or to anyone else who needs it. I'd even throw in the puller as I shouldn't need it. Let me know, thanks.
rstanek09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 07:26 PM   #426
n3rdv
A Regular

Super Cool Since: Jul 2008
Locale: Southwest Pennsylvania
Postings: 167
n3rdv is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstanek09 View Post
I don't know who else is in line or if there is anyone out towards the midwest, but I have had the parts and puller in my garage for like 2 years now and never bought the wrench, but don't want to damage my now too expensive build. If anyone wouldn't mind shipping just the wrench out my way, I'd be happy to pay for the shipping and send it back out or to anyone else who needs it. I'd even throw in the puller as I shouldn't need it. Let me know, thanks.
I have a wrench that I can loan you. PM if interested.

* * Need the Doo tools? I have some to loan you * *
n3rdv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 12:02 PM   #427
rstanek09

PM sent N3RDV
Old 06-10-2016, 08:36 PM   #428
JesterGrin_1

Quote:
PM Sent. Thanks.

cube13 The Wrench and little doohickey thing a ma bob is on its way to you via USPS Flat Rate Box. And I was informed that one can reuse the box. lol. I did ask so who really receives there flat rate box in good enough shape to reuse lol.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:07 PM   #429
Rsappcx
Occasional Poster

Super Cool Since: Jul 2016
Postings: 2
Rsappcx is on a distinguished road

Hey rstanek, I'm in Ohio as well. If you're done with the tools could I pick them up from you or would somebody be willing to lend the tools to a newb?
Rsappcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 01:16 PM   #430
rstanek09

I sent the Wrench back to n3rdv. A
lso, if you are a bit new to taking apart engines, make sure to have someone else with you, particularly for this job, it makes everything so much easier to have extra hands. Have gasket remover, new gaskets, the puller, everything before hand. a small (3/8" drive) torque wrench is good for the KLR as well as a 1/2" or bigger for the rotor bolt (very high torque). A drill press made the drilling easy. Don't forget about the oil change either.
Good luck!
Old 07-28-2016, 01:29 PM   #431
Rsappcx
Occasional Poster

Super Cool Since: Jul 2016
Postings: 2
Rsappcx is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the quick response! Pulled a couple of engines apart so I'm comfortable with getting in there and getting my hands dirty.
What do you need to drill in the doohickey process, adding a hole for the torsion spring upgrade or something else as well?
Rsappcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 04:54 PM   #432
rstanek09

Just the hole for the torsion spring, but having the press makes it nice for a clean straight hole. (not that straight plays a big part, I'm just picky).
Old 08-09-2016, 09:09 AM   #433
cfootball73
Occasional Poster

Super Cool Since: Aug 2016
Locale: Linn Creek, MO
Postings: 4
cfootball73 is on a distinguished road

Hi guys, Im pretty new to the KLR world, but have absolutely loved my bike so far. Alittle back story, the guy i bought the bike from was the second owner and he bought it for his wife, but it was too tall so they only put a couple hundred miles on it. He didn't know much about the bike itself. The original owner did quite a few things to the bike, corbin seat, skid plate, engine guard, i think aftermarket exhaust, bark busters, and few other small things, but dont know if he did the doo. My question is, is there someone near Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri who has the tools/knowledge to check to see if the doo hickey has been done and if it hasn't can help me get it changed out. it is a 2005 with alittle over 12k miles on it. appreciate any help or advice
cfootball73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 01:51 PM   #434
joe06klr
Occasional Poster

Super Cool Since: Sep 2007
Locale: Alameda, Ca.
Postings: 5
joe06klr is on a distinguished road

Hey I am looking for rotor & puller tools for doohickey install. Please contact me if you can ship them my way - SF bay area - THANKS!!
joe06klr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 04:23 PM   #435
lotter1

Super Cool Since: Jan 2017
Locale: Syracuse
Postings: 16
lotter1 is on a distinguished road

Hi All,

I am new to the forum. Bought my 08 Klr from someone who did not know if the doohickey was done. So I am going to buy the kit and do it. I would like it if I could be on the list of the loaner tools please. I am getting the bike ready to go down the baja peninsula in May.
Please PM me for address information, I should be real quick with it and ready to send to the next wrencher!

Thanks
Dwain
lotter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 04:35 PM   #436
joe06klr
Occasional Poster

Super Cool Since: Sep 2007
Locale: Alameda, Ca.
Postings: 5
joe06klr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe06klr View Post
Hey I am looking for rotor & puller tools for doohickey install. Please contact me if you can ship them my way - SF bay area - THANKS!!
Never mind - I got them from a guy 2 blocks away (thru wanted ad on craigslist!)!

Thanks KLR650.net!
joe06klr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 10:47 AM   #437
cube13
A Regular

Jester,

Did you ever send the tools my way?

Island Jimmy sent me a pm and asked to send them his way, he is the original owner.
Old 01-21-2017, 12:37 AM   #438
JesterGrin_1

Quote:
cube13 The Wrench and little doohickey thing a ma bob is on its way to you via USPS Flat Rate Box. And I was informed that one can reuse the box. lol. I did ask so who really receives there flat rate box in good enough shape to reuse lol.
Quote:
Jester,

Did you ever send the tools my way?

Island Jimmy sent me a pm and asked to send them his way, he is the original owner.
Yes as noted on post 428 And I sent you a pm at the time and cube13 stated Thanks. I'll be sure to get them off to the next person in a few days.

That was the last correspondence I heard from you on the matter.

Last edited by JesterGrin_1; 01-21-2017 at 12:41 AM.
Old 03-11-2017, 09:12 PM   #439
cube13
A Regular

I owe everyone an apology. These tools got stuck in my shed for 3+ months because of me. I sent Island Jimmy the following PM this evening explaining and I am sending him the tools back ASAP. He had requested them back if I had them. They belong to him so I don't know if he will continue the chain. I just wanted to let everyone know what happened.

Take it easy on me guys, it was an honest brain fart. I'm just glad to get them back to their original owner. Sorry it took me so long. I have a WaveRunner now and it get more attention than the KLR.

IslandJimmy,

I owe you an apology. After doing a little research on your tools I found that my wife took the package months ago and put it in my shed. She told me I told her to put them out there and for the life of me I don't remember doing that. I found the box today when I was pulling out all my snow gear for a trip to Tahoe. Your name was on the side of one of the tools written in Sharpie. Please accept my sincerest apologies for my screw up.

I'm going to be gone for a few days enjoying some father daughter time up in Tahoe but when I get back I want to get these tools back to you ASAP. Please PM me your address so I can get them back to you.

Hope all is well,

Tags
doohickey, klr650, loaner, thread, tool, wrench