SiteLock
New Rider from Glendale AZ - Page 2 - KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
Go Back   KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum! > KLR650 Discussion Forums > Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Member Introductions Please, take a minute to introduce yourself to everyone!

Old 12-08-2017, 12:24 PM   #21
Gaffgorion

Super Cool Since: Nov 2017
Locale: Arizona
Postings: 12
Gaffgorion is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Rider from Glendale AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmay3 View Post
Wal-Mart near 101 or the 7-11 on 75th and Camelback might be good spots to meet up on Saturday. Just give me a time and place.
Wow I failed, I meant 79th Ave and Cactus Rd* my apologies.

Either way not far at all. I'm usually up early, out and about around 7-8, so free all day after that time. The Walmart near 101 (Assuming on Camelback) works fine for me, you said you'd be around Arrowhead mall that is cool too. All are about 15 minutes from me so if you plan on being somewhere at a certain time let me know I'll be there.

I know I need goggles if you're going to Oakley, I have a Scorpion EXO-AT950 Helmet which I got because it is modular and has an offroad style peak. Thought it would be a cool dual sport helmet. Then I found out why everyone wears goggles while I was riding behind my friend's truck briefly at Four Peaks Trail. I thought I was going to go blind, So I definitely should start browsing for options.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:31 PM   #22
Gaffgorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5dad View Post
I have a diesel truck and unfortunately the ultra low sulfur fuel tears apart the seals like ethanol eats rubber. I've worked on a few algae projects and they look promising.

As a Trekkie of all genre's, you got to love McCoy!

Cheers!
The thing I love is the intense torque those things produce, while delivering good fuel economy. They'd be awesome in more motorcycles giving 100+ mpg, range would be crazy.
Old 12-08-2017, 02:49 PM   #23
rjmay3

Super Cool Since: Aug 2013
Locale: Phoenix area
Postings: 360
rjmay3 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaffgorion View Post

I know I need goggles if you're going to Oakley, I have a Scorpion EXO-AT950 Helmet which I got because it is modular and has an offroad style peak. Thought it would be a cool dual sport helmet. Then I found out why everyone wears goggles while I was riding behind my friend's truck briefly at Four Peaks Trail. I thought I was going to go blind, So I definitely should start browsing for options.
There's a Circle K on the southwest corner of 83rd and Bell... across from In n Out. We can meet up at Circle K and ride around the corner to Cycle Gear so u can check out goggles and all the other crap they have. Pick a time and I'm there tomorrow.
-Rob

Last edited by rjmay3; 12-08-2017 at 02:52 PM.
rjmay3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 03:58 PM   #24
Gaffgorion

Quote:
There's a Circle K on the southwest corner of 83rd and Bell... across from In n Out. We can meet up at Circle K and ride around the corner to Cycle Gear so u can check out goggles and all the other crap they have. Pick a time and I'm there tomorrow.
-Rob
I know exactly what you're talking about. I have an addiction to animal style food at IN N Out, and that is wear I bought my helmet and jacket. 8AM is cool if that works for you.

-Michael
Old 12-08-2017, 04:31 PM   #25
rjmay3

8 am works. I didn't know if u were familiar with cycle gear. That one is kinda off the beaten path... drove past it many times without knowing it was there. I normally go to the one on Reems over in Surprise.

I'm bringing a few engine parts with me for "show and tell" so you can see what you may eventually come across... I've got an old piston that grenaded the ring lands from detonation, an aftermarket 685 piston... a few other internals too.

See ya tomorrow.
Old 12-08-2017, 04:40 PM   #26
Gaffgorion

Quote:
8 am works. I didn't know if u were familiar with cycle gear. That one is kinda off the beaten path... drove past it many times without knowing it was there. I normally go to the one on Reems over in Surprise.

I'm bringing a few engine parts with me for "show and tell" so you can see what you may eventually come across... I've got an old piston that grenaded the ring lands from detonation, an aftermarket 685 piston... a few other internals too.

See ya tomorrow.
I do that cycle gear is wear I bought my gear actually. That would be awesome, I'll take any advice I can take. I'll be bringing my Bike so you can hear what I'm talking about too since we're so close. You might think it sounds normal!
Old 12-08-2017, 04:59 PM   #27
rjmay3

Come up 75th to keep the revs low... stay off 101. If u take 83rd, go past cycle gear so you're on the right side of the road for Circle K.

Tags
glendale, rider