SiteLock
Anyone using Giant Loop Siskiyou Panniers? - KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
Go Back   KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum! > Off The Beaten Path > Gear Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Gear Discussion Gear for you and your ride

Old 09-12-2017, 06:27 PM   #1
Jim(tm)

Super Cool Since: Jul 2007
Locale: Bremerton, WA
Postings: 358
Jim(tm) is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone using Giant Loop Siskiyou Panniers?

I got a gift cert for Giant Loop and I was wondering how the siskiyous stack up to some of the others like Mosko or Wolfman panniers.
Old 09-12-2017, 11:26 PM   #2
Chuck B
LEVEL 3 STAFF

Super Cool Since: Jun 2009
Locale: Phoenix, Az
Postings: 18,475
Chuck B is a splendid one to beholdChuck B is a splendid one to beholdChuck B is a splendid one to beholdChuck B is a splendid one to beholdChuck B is a splendid one to beholdChuck B is a splendid one to beholdChuck B is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anyone using Giant Loop Siskiyou Panniers?

I have not used those particular bags from Giant loop but I've been very pleased with other products from them. Wattman may or may not still be a dealer for them. I'm sure he can give you some feedback.

As for Mosko's and Wolfman...I have lots of experiences with both. For multiday travels the wolfmans were just fine...great actually. What I did not like about them was when used for daily stuff. Way too difficult to get in and out as well as having to readjust everything each time you add or take out items. As for the Mosko's...love mine. I have the Backcountry 35's and like them so much I've purchased multiple mounts to fit on other bikes I own. A few trips put them thru hell and came back fine though I did have to have a couple straps re-attached and the beaver tail repaired. Not unexpected considering what I did with them. When they first came out I told them they were way under priced ($379) and now? Maybe a bit overpriced but the market says otherwise and they still 3yrs later have trouble keeping enough product in stock. They have done a few nice upgrades to all their products since I purchased mine. Nice that they are taking feedback and updating. Heck, even BMWNA is buying them and offering them to/thru their dealer network. How much do they hold? Here's pix when Mosko solicited pix to illustrate. I managed to shove 72 beers into mine.lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014-12-24 10.28.26.jpg (72.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 2014-12-24 10.33.58.jpg (83.4 KB, 18 views)
Sponsored links
Old 09-13-2017, 09:39 AM   #3
Jim(tm)

Super Cool Since: Jul 2007
Locale: Bremerton, WA
Postings: 358
Jim(tm) is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone using Giant Loop Siskiyou Panniers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck B View Post
I have not used those particular bags from Giant loop but I've been very pleased with other products from them. Wattman may or may not still be a dealer for them. I'm sure he can give you some feedback.

As for Mosko's and Wolfman...I have lots of experiences with both. For multiday travels the wolfmans were just fine...great actually. What I did not like about them was when used for daily stuff. Way too difficult to get in and out as well as having to readjust everything each time you add or take out items. As for the Mosko's...love mine. I have the Backcountry 35's and like them so much I've purchased multiple mounts to fit on other bikes I own. A few trips put them thru hell and came back fine though I did have to have a couple straps re-attached and the beaver tail repaired. Not unexpected considering what I did with them. When they first came out I told them they were way under priced ($379) and now? Maybe a bit overpriced but the market says otherwise and they still 3yrs later have trouble keeping enough product in stock. They have done a few nice upgrades to all their products since I purchased mine. Nice that they are taking feedback and updating. Heck, even BMWNA is buying them and offering them to/thru their dealer network. How much do they hold? Here's pix when Mosko solicited pix to illustrate. I managed to shove 72 beers into mine.lol
Thanks for the feedback! I like what I've seen of Mosko's attachment system plus they're only a couple hours away from me.

Tags
giant, loop, panniers, siskiyou