SiteLock
Dual Sport Jackets and Boots for Wide Feet - KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
Go Back   KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum! > Off The Beaten Path > Gear Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Gear Discussion Gear for you and your ride

Old 10-21-2017, 07:35 PM   #1
KF7JA

Super Cool Since: Mar 2015
Locale: Washington State (the dry side!)
Postings: 467
KF7JA is on a distinguished road
Default Dual Sport Jackets and Boots for Wide Feet

I hit my helmet pretty hard in a low speed dismount. It has some deep scratches, but I think I have to retire it. I didnít hurt my noggin, but I thought ďthat was hard!Ē. So it did itís job. I like that model helmet so will probably go with another one. All that to say that replacing my helmet will take a bite out of my clothing budget.

Iím looking at ADV jackets in the $200-$300 range and the same for boots. Are there any recommendations? My feet are wide so that may limit my choices. I like the Forma Terra and Boulder boots. I found a Klim Dakar jacket for $250 which looks good. Not too many jackets at RMATVMC come in high viz colors in my price range. Not a deal breaker though.

Last edited by KF7JA; 10-21-2017 at 07:38 PM.
KF7JA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 01:19 AM   #2
Deprime

Super Cool Since: Jul 2008
Locale: Indiana
Postings: 28
Deprime is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dual Sport Jackets and Boots for Wide Feet

This summer I purchased the Falco Avantour boots and found the fit very comfortable for my wide feet. They were a little on the snug side when new but being leather they wore in very nicely after just a few wearings.

Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation.
Deprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-22-2017, 10:46 AM   #3
K33
A Regular

Super Cool Since: Jun 2016
Locale: Bahstahn
Postings: 179
K33 is on a distinguished road

I have the Forma Adventure low boots, and they are quite comfortable.

They are said to run a little differently in size to their US equivalents.
My 10-10.5 feet were between the metric sizes, but still are happy in the boots - I planned on keeping room for gel soles, and it worked perfectly.

Break-in time was a dozen hours of wearing, or so, the boot is a little more flexy. The foot beds are still slowly shaping even better.

Funny, though, they are more comfortable when standing. Wearing them into the office, the tops of my feet press up into the boot while at my desk, unless unbuckled.

Width wasn't an issue, unlike my new, black Timberlands. Those I have used alcohol to stretch them out a little.
K33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 10:54 PM   #4
KLRogu
A Regular

Super Cool Since: Apr 2015
Locale: AUSTRALIA
Postings: 244
KLRogu is on a distinguished road

Glad your OK regarding the boots I brought a pair of TCX infinity goretex boots which I like there very versatile and comfortable boots with good protection for duel sport riding and work pretty well on other bikes to got them from ENGLAND and were on special reduced price at the time the postage is also pretty reasonable from ENGLAND
KLRogu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 01:48 PM   #5
bigjohnsd
A Regular

Super Cool Since: Aug 2016
Locale: Spearfish, SD
Postings: 47
bigjohnsd is on a distinguished road

TCX Drifter Adventure boots really worked well for me on my trip up the Dempster Highway last June. 14 days of rain and never had wet feet. My feet are wide and have a high instep. These boots fit well and provided good support for standup on the pegs.
Before I lowered my pegs I needed a longer shift lever, once I lowered the pegs I went back to the stock lever. As to Jackets I went through many before settling on Klim Latitude. Once you go Klim you won't go back.
09 Blue - The "Blue Beast" Tusk Panniers and mounts, EM Doo & Spring, EM Bolts, EM RL2, EM KLX Jet Kit. EM Fork Brace. Givi V47 Top Box with Admore Plus more LED Lights on rear, Shinko 804/805, ThermoBob2. Tusk Crash Guards. Ricochet Bash Plate. EM Drain Plug, Rox 2" Risers, Progressive Fork Springs.Acerbis Motard Fender #2.Seat Concepts Touring Seat, Idabaker H7 LED Bulbs, Happy Trails Rally Dash. BLUE#341
bigjohnsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Tags
boots, dual, feet, jackets, sport, wide