SiteLock
So I'm a dumb@$$ - KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
Go Back   KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum! > Other Kawasaki Motorcycles > KLR250 and Super Sherpa Main Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
KLR250 and Super Sherpa Main Discussion

Old 03-26-2017, 10:52 AM   #1
Cdyoung1985
A Regular

Super Cool Since: Feb 2017
Locale: Hamilton mi
Postings: 26
Cdyoung1985 is on a distinguished road
Default So I'm a dumb@$$

So a couple days ago, was riding the KLR to my buddies, noticed an odd sound, and it wouldn't go full power... After a little bit, heard a louder pop, and it died. After he towed me to his place, I found 3 valve tappets disappeared. Looks like they probably went down the cam chain, and clue which side cover I have to pull to get to them?
Cdyoung1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 05:17 PM   #2
Cdyoung1985
A Regular

Super Cool Since: Feb 2017
Locale: Hamilton mi
Postings: 26
Cdyoung1985 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: So I'm a dumb@$$

Still having no luck. Got the stator cover off with the stator attached to it, but can't get the cover behind the flywheel off. Don't have the flywheel off either, didn't have the right wrench to hold it still, and in 6th gear, a buddy standing on the rear brake, and an extension going through the rear wheel under the swing arm it still wouldn't brake loose. I'm turning it clockwise, because it normally spins counter clockwise, and it's normal rotation should be tightening it.
Am I likely to be on the correct side? I downloaded a manual I think from this site, but it doesn't show anything but simple maintenance...
Cdyoung1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-28-2018, 07:31 AM   #3
Dbmanthe

Super Cool Since: Dec 2016
Locale: Fort Collins
Postings: 228
Dbmanthe is on a distinguished road
Default Re: So I'm a dumb@$$

Can you look down the cam chain bore? I've never even ridden a KLR250 let alone worked on one but if you can't see the rocker arms in the sump I'd try to locate them before tearing into things.

As far as what direction, iirc it's still a righty-tighty lefty loosey. When I pulled mine apart I just used a pneumatic impact gun. Zipped her right out on my 650.

Best of luck!

I might be slow but I'm making good time!
Dbmanthe is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Tags
dumb@$$