SiteLock
Problems with Photobucket - KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
Go Back   KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum! > Regional Events, Upcoming Rides & Tech Days > United States
> Southeast
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Southeast Home of Tour de Tellico, Tour de Pisgah, Tour de LBL

Old 07-04-2017, 12:30 PM   #1
cherokee_chuck
KLR Enthusiast

Super Cool Since: Oct 2006
Locale: Cleveland, TN
Postings: 2,438
cherokee_chuck is on a distinguished road
Default Problems with Photobucket

You may have noticed by now that many pics that are going through Photobucket as a 3rd Party Host, is not showing up on the forums (like below). This must have started a few days ago, but I didn't realize until just recently. You can catch up with what people are saying on photobucket's blog..........some extremely mad folks. I hope this all get's work out, because all my pics are hosted there.

https://blog.photobucket.com/status/c...ge-1/#comments

Keep Loving Rides!

Last edited by cherokee_chuck; 07-04-2017 at 12:34 PM.
cherokee_chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 02:39 PM   #2
dualindalton
KLR Enthusiast

Super Cool Since: Jul 2008
Locale: North Ga..slightly toward the west
Postings: 1,097
dualindalton is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Problems with Photobucket

From my experience Photobucket has become increasingly slow and non user friendly for quite a while. It's nothing like it was when I started using it around 07/08. Looks like that they are trying to hold everyone using the free hosting site pictures for ransom.

Hope that you have all of those pics backed up.

The World Went And Got Itself In A Big Damn Hurry~Brooks Hatlen~
dualindalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-04-2017, 04:34 PM   #3
cherokee_chuck
KLR Enthusiast

Yep...I store them at home. Just use Photobucket to share.

Keep Loving Rides!
Old 07-04-2017, 05:43 PM   #4
clogan

Super Cool Since: Dec 2010
Locale: Ooltewah, Tennessee
Postings: 761
clogan is a jewel in the roughclogan is a jewel in the roughclogan is a jewel in the rough

Probably those Russian hackers again!
Those darn Russians...what can you do???

2010 C-14 Concours
clogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 08:04 AM   #5
cherokee_chuck
KLR Enthusiast

Very strange, indeed. Free usage and paid usage folks are being affected. I am waiting to see what happens before putting my pics up on another site. If you click on where the pic would be showing, it takes you to the PB account and shows the pic, but of course not showing the pic on the forum

Here are a couple of responses from people:

Rhonda
July 3, 2017
Photobucket does have the legal right to change their TOU, and they do have the legal right to stop us from using third party hosting going forward, however, those of us who have been paying through the years, for the privilege of posting images on the net without having to worry about bandwidth, may have a legal case against them.
If they break images that have already been posted by their paying customers, they are removing a service that has already been paid for under the guidelines of their TOU when that service was rendered.
I know for a fact that it is NOT legal to remove services that have already been paid for, without issuing a refund. The bandwidth usage for any image that was posted from a PAID Photobucket account, prior to the change in TOU, had ALREADY been paid for

Dewey
July 3, 2017
Seriously!!! You are really going to advertise as a free service and get people to download many years worth of pictures that are posted on forums and blogs then basically take them away and charge a $40 per month ransom. I have almost 10 years worth and over 4000 pics posted on forums and they have now been completely removed. Years of hard work eliminated with no warning whatsoever. Unbelievable yet not at all shocking in this day and age. Greed at itís finest. At the very least you could have left pics already posted alone and then charge for any 3rd party pics after a specific date. If you had done it properly Iím sure many would have been willing to pay a small fee but $40 per month is completely ridiculous. So long Photobucket you wonít be getting one penny from me.

Keep Loving Rides!

Last edited by cherokee_chuck; 07-05-2017 at 08:06 AM.
Old 07-06-2017, 10:25 PM   #6
sdhall1973

Super Cool Since: Oct 2014
Postings: 17
sdhall1973 is on a distinguished road

I closed my account... Going to use Amazon Prime... I downloaded all of pictures and videos while they are still there... I did loose a few... Oh well... Live and learn...
Old 07-07-2017, 02:37 PM   #7
cherokee_chuck
KLR Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhall1973 View Post
I closed my account... Going to use Amazon Prime... I downloaded all of pictures and videos while they are still there... I did loose a few... Oh well... Live and learn...
10-4!

Keep Loving Rides!
Old 07-17-2017, 10:16 AM   #8
klaviator

Super Cool Since: Sep 2008
Locale: Huntsville, AL
Postings: 741
klaviator is on a distinguished road

My photobucket pics are still working. My account is paid up until Sept or Oct at which time I'm sure they will ask me to upgrade to the $400 per year service. I'm not going to pay that so many of my pics will go away. I have them all on my computer but I'll won't have the time to re build all the links. I'm using SmugMug now.
klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 06:22 PM   #9
cherokee_chuck
KLR Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by klaviator View Post
My photobucket pics are still working. My account is paid up until Sept or Oct at which time I'm sure they will ask me to upgrade to the $400 per year service. I'm not going to pay that so many of my pics will go away. I have them all on my computer but I'll won't have the time to re build all the links. I'm using SmugMug now.
I am looking at several different avenues right now. Hopefully will decide after we get back from Colorado.

Keep Loving Rides!
Old 07-17-2017, 07:19 PM   #10
8bit

Postings: n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by klaviator View Post
I have them all on my computer but I'll won't have the time to re build all the links.
The saddest part is the loss of so much valuable information. I wonder if the forum could be adjusted so users could go in and edit those links. Seems like an invitation for all kinds of mayhem as well as good.

8bit
Sponsored links
Old 07-29-2017, 05:22 AM   #11
parallax

Super Cool Since: Oct 2013
Locale: Mid Carolina
Postings: 369
parallax is on a distinguished road

I closed my account and lost 1,800+ pictures. But I wasn't going to pay the ransom. I hope they fail after this.

2012 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom (for sale)
parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 06:19 AM   #12
Turbo Ghost
KLR Enthusiast

Super Cool Since: Jun 2005
Locale: N.E. TN.
Postings: 1,787
Turbo Ghost is on a distinguished road

I had an ad for a Corbin seat on the Concours forum and used PB for my pic hosting as I always do and a couple of weeks after I posted it I checked the ad and saw the big blocks stating I needed to upgrade my service package! Looks like I need to find a different avenue for hosting pics. Luckily, I won't lose any pics as I have all on my personal drive but, I'm thinking of all the posts over the years that will now be void of pics. The worst are going to be the ones that are tutorial in nature! This is a mess!
Turbo Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Tags
photbucket, photobucket, problems