SiteLock
'08 KLR 650 Lowering Links $84.95 - KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - Original KLR650 Forum!
KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - Original KLR650 Forum!
Go Back   KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - Original KLR650 Forum! > KLR650 Discussion Forums > KLR650 Second Generation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Hello, welcome back.
KLR650 Second Generation 2008-2017+ Related Topics

Old 02-26-2008, 10:22 AM   #1
Nice Rumble

Super Cool Since: Nov 2006
Locale: Hopkinton, NH
Postings: 606
Nice Rumble is on a distinguished road
Default '08 KLR 650 Lowering Links $84.95

Found another company making KLR lowering links.

"They will make your Dual Sports handling greatly improve, without causing any 'off road' clearance problems. They also do not limit wheel travel as the shock type lowering kits do.

They allow people who want to purchase a certain Dual Sport but are just a little to 'lacking of height' to be comfortable, to go ahead and purchase the bike then lower it and get that confidence they want.

They lower the rear of the bike from 1.5 inch to 1.75 inch, depending on how you set your preload. You then simply move the forks up in the triple tree to lower the front, according to the type of riding you do. The links are CNC machined from high quality aircraft aluminum, and coated for a first class long lasting appearance. The link is very 'over-built' and will take whatever you dish out to them under any riding circumstance. Included are complete easy to follow instructions. You do not need to remove the needle bearings from the old link and use, or buy new. They are all set up, and ready to install. The set-up in these will out last OEM needle bearings easily, even under harsh conditions and use!"

https://www.performance-design.net/pe...suspension.htm
Nice Rumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:00 PM   #2
JT650

Super Cool Since: Feb 2008
Locale: .
Postings: 251
JT650 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: '08 KLR 650 Lowering Links $84.95

Thanks just ordered a set. Got the red 08 yesturday. My 30 in inseam. Needs a little help. Thanks
JT650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-26-2008, 01:04 PM   #3
ricksphat
Occasional Poster

Super Cool Since: Oct 2007
Locale: british columbia
Postings: 1
ricksphat is on a distinguished road

hi.. first time on klr 650 net.. i purchased an 08 s well last fall. let us know how that lowerin kit works.. im only a 29 in leg..lol. thinkin of the corbin seat an the links.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT650 View Post
Thanks just ordered a set. Got the red 08 yesturday. My 30 in inseam. Needs a little help. Thanks
ricksphat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 04:22 PM   #4
Gimmeslack
A Regular

Super Cool Since: Feb 2008
Locale: Shenandoah
Postings: 85
Gimmeslack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksphat View Post
hi.. first time on klr 650 net.. i purchased an 08 s well last fall. let us know how that lowerin kit works.. im only a 29 in leg..lol. thinkin of the corbin seat an the links.

I'm also a 29 shrimp and even with Corbin Dual Platform I need to pay attention where I stop. It's going to make offroad very "interesting".

Gimmeslack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Tags
$8495, 650, klr, links, lowering