SiteLock
ABANDON Rail Road Bed - KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum!
Go Back   KLR650.NET Forums - Your Kawasaki KLR650 Forums Resource! - The Original KLR650 Forum! > Regional Events, Upcoming Rides & Tech Days > United States
> Great Lakes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2012, 02:09 AM   #1
Two Trackin Fool

Super Cool Since: Mar 2010
Locale: Wadhams, MI
Postings: 351
Two Trackin Fool is on a distinguished road
Default ABANDON Rail Road Bed

Has anyone rode them not the rail to trail ones just the one's left to grow over ?

If so any issues?

There are alot out there I've been in a few here, just wondering what I may run into?
Old 01-16-2012, 07:17 PM   #2
sngltrk

Super Cool Since: Dec 2007
Locale: N.E. of Hell Mi, USA
Postings: 128
sngltrk is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ABANDON Rail Road Bed

Hey TTF, be careful if the RR still owns the right if way......could be an expensive ticket. DAMHIK.

Of course it its abandoned, there probably wont be anybody to care. My "experience" was on an RR that was still used occasionally.
sngltrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-16-2012, 10:47 PM   #3
astrolump
KLR Enthusiast

Super Cool Since: Jun 2011
Locale: florida
Postings: 781
astrolump is on a distinguished road

i would say the biggest thing to watch out for...(other than those long things with one headlight and the loud horns) would be the steel plates used to hold the rails down. if one were laying on the rail-bed it could easily slice a tire open in a flash.

and.... if you get your wheels over on the slope of the ballast you are most likely going down...don't ask me how i know...and a slide down the ballast can often land you in a deep ditch or worse...don't ask me how i know. and the ballast has an uncanny knack of getting all up inside your helmet as you slide along......tastes like progress... and creosote.

HEY! Did you see something fall off my bike?...I mean other than me.

the crust of klr was broken....kuyaki

astrolump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:47 AM   #4
Two Trackin Fool

Super Cool Since: Mar 2010
Locale: Wadhams, MI
Postings: 351
Two Trackin Fool is on a distinguished road

astrolump , LOL k thanks.

sngltrk , hey how yea been - Well the one's I'm planning to check out first are close to home and is old enough I will probley be dodging 3" saplings. I don't plan on being anywere near steal beam.

Tags
abandon, bed, rail, road